We are at the tail end of a long (no pun intended) line

Well this announcement is a WOW for me. Guess distance helps that at least. So now we fire a well respected AD for whatever reason and surely will let CBB go so we can get in line behind a bunch of good coaching vacancies, see Florida and Tennessee and possibly Ole Miss and TAM. Wonder how the Hog job stacks up with a couple of these especially with the AD vacant. And I thought Tennessee was screwed up!

There’s two coaches that by now seems to be pretty well confirmed by several people, and not just message board folks, would choose Arkansas over those other jobs if they decided to leave where they’re at: Mike Norvell, Gus Malzahn.

[quote=“TJD63”]
There’s two coaches that by now seems to be pretty well confirmed by several people, and not just message board folks, would choose Arkansas over those other jobs if they decided to leave where they’re at: Mike Norvell, Gus Malzahn.
[/quote]I think it would be dangerous to assume that either of these candidates will be our next Coach. Talking heads or message boards seldom have the reliability or sources many like to credit them with. Malzahn is close to becoming the Emperor of Alabama, so it would appear a stretch to think he would leave what he might be leaving a few weeks from now. Norvell, seems a better possibility, but who knows what his options will be or how he might assess the attractiveness of our job. For those who desired chaos on the Hill, it appears that Christmas has come early.