Watching Louisville

reminds me of the excitement that BP brought to Arkansas. I sometimes wish we still had an offense like this. How did Petrino leave us so void of talent…

He left us void of talent because he was a terrible recruiter. He excels at taking over teams recruited by others but I wonder how much long-term success he’s what have if he ever stayed in one place

Define “long term”

I agree with you on the recruiting, was the leader and lead hater of his recruiting. Amazing how many people changes positions once a coach is gone.

He got him a QB and this QB could be the Heisman winner this year. Also despite the love from Arkansas fan base of Willard Robinson he was not a good hire, and Bobby now has Grantham who does a good job for Louisville. Of course I don’t think there is any love loss with those two either.

He may not be a great recruiter but someone appears to be doing something right. Kicking the crap out of Fla St right now. But there is the second half left.

Hootie left several studs for BP to succeed at ARK

Mr motorcycle is a great offensive minded coach

Character wise well …

BB is a great fit here

BO is a winner. Players are coached up, tenacious and physical. Makes Bart’s team look like PeeWee Cheerleadeers. We fired a winner and hired a drama queen.

BP is a winner. Players are coached up, tenacious and physical. Makes Bart’s team look like PeeWee Cheerleadeers. We fired a winner and hired a drama queen.

What a moronic post.

Delusional.

We never had an offense like that. Petrino has adapted his offense to employ a dual-threat quarterback.

This is idiotic. I hope you never procreate.

Petrino can recruit with lower academic and citizenship standards at Louisville, and that allows him to get talent he could not get into Arkansas.

His recruiting at Arkansas was spotty because his coaching staff was never settled. It was hard for him to hire assistants after the way he handled his move from Louisville to the NFL and the way he left the Falcons. He was untouchable for a lot of coaches back then.

That was the type of post that was always on the old WHS comments

plain dmb

Bobby is a winner and a damn good college coach. The “he can’t recruit” mantra is silly and has been disproven. He can recruit well enough to beat FSU 63-17. And he will possibly win a natty this year and have a Heisman winner.

I know why he was fired. It’s not outrageous to think he should’ve been retained. And I think he should have been retained. But I understand why he was fired. I’m ok with Bret. Besides, he’s all we got right now.

Like I said: At Louisville, Petrino can recruit with lower academic and citizenship standards, and also have easier transfer rules, than he had to follow in the SEC. He can recruit good talent that way at Louisville. Never happened and never would have at Arkansas.

Sorry you are sickntired dude…

It is totally outrageous o think he should have been retained, Shame on you !!!

One word - TROLL!

Ridiculous.