Watching Greater right now

The first time I watched it was in a theater here in Chattanooga. Of coarse I had on my Razorback gear. Lots of tears (including me). On the way out several folks asked me if it was really a true story. I said “as true as any movie you’ll ever see”. I love the way Coach Tice was portrayed in the movie, he reminds me of Coach Joe Harris my Jr. High coach. Also the scenery along the river brings back great memories of the many times I traveled that road. The best scene in the movie (IMO) is when they call the Hogs in RRS and the table shakes.

And last but not least is the message the movies paints, sometimes there is a “Greater” purpose in life that is hard to see at the time of tragedy.

Thanks to Marty and the Burlsworth family for allowing this movie to be made. My grandsons were glued to the TV when they saw it. And many of my Vol friends loved it too. Go Hogs Go

1 Like

Coach Tice is as good as it comes. I wasn’t able to play but graduated with one of his daughters. Coach always treated me well at school even though I wasn’t one of his players. The story is pretty darn accurate; Marty made sure of that. I spend a lot of time on that road these days. I always think of Brandon whenever I pass that spot.

1 Like

I just saw it for the 1st time a couple yrs ago and have watched 2-3 times since then…Awesome Movie!!

1 Like

Awesome movie. Great soundtrack and cinematography. How bout that gorgeous overhead shot of the Ozarks in all their Autumn glory?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.