Was this the biggest comeback in UA history?

Biggest one I can remember was against TCU in 1991, when we were down 21-0 at Fort Worth and came back to win. Today, of course, was down 24.

It was indeed…

It was needed worse than many others for sure. This team showed it can DO it in the second half.

I don’t remember any others. Ironically, this is the same margin Va Tech overcame against us last December. I can’t say this negates that, but it’s a lot more fun being on the good side of it for a change.

Baylor in 79 was a big comeback, but not this big

Writer for another site tweeted he has researched it and it’s the biggest comeback in program history.

[quote=“SwineFusion”]
Biggest one I can remember was against TCU in 1991, when we were down 21-0 at Fort Worth and came back to win. Today, of course, was down 24.
[/quote]We also were down 21 (10-31) at Alabama in 2003 when Matt Jones led us to a win in OT. That was just a couple of weeks after we had upset the Longhorns in Austin. I believe that made (makes?) us the only team in history to have won AT Texas and AT Alabama in the same season.

I don’t have any knowledge of a bigger comeback. I came up with all of these, but don’t have any that can top 31-7. I’ve checked with some older than me and they don’t know of any that come close.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
I don’t have any knowledge of a bigger comeback.
[/quote]Of course the Hogs were up 24-0 at “halftime” against V-Tech…at least we seem to be going in the right direction.

[quote=“daBoar”]

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
I don’t have any knowledge of a bigger comeback.
[/quote]Of course the Hogs were up 24-0 at “halftime” against V-Tech…at least we seem to be going in the right direction.
[/quote]Yeah, but that one was in the “wrong” direction.

While we’re at it, I remember the Hogs blowing a 20-0 halftime lead and losing 21-20 to Tulsa in 1971. Drew Pearson, soon to be a star with Dallas, was on that Tulsa team.

We also blew a 20-0 lead to Texas in a huge Fayetteville game in 1965. The good news is that we rallied on our final possession to drive 80 yards and score to win 27-24.

In 1968, we were rolling to a huge win over a highly regarded SMU team (they were ranked #10 coming into the game). We entered the 4th quarter with a 35-0 lead, but ended up holding on for dear life to escape 35-29 after the Ponies scored four TD’s in the final stanza.

And then there was the Florida game, also in 2003 (as was the big comeback at Alabama). Florida led us 33-7 with 9 minutes to go in the game, and we almost pulled that one out. Scored 21 straight points in 6 minutes, and then had intercepted Gator QB Leak to give us a chance to win, but Tony Bus was called for a late hit on Leak, so Florida retained the ball and won the game.

Just remembering big comebacks, in both directions.

Arkansas does not keep records for biggest comebacks and biggest blown leads, but we think this was the biggest comeback. As someone mentioned, the 2003 win over Alabama was thought to be the biggest coming into yesterday.

Big plays killed us early but our defense made some good adjustments at half time. OM had a lot of yards on a handful of big plays in the first half.
First half OM had 33 plays for 416 yards and 31 points.
Second half: OM had 26 plays for 169 yards and 6 points.

No, the biggest comeback in Razorback history was when the hogs came back from being outgained by 800 yards in the first half to A&M in 2011 in Jerry World… I don’t care what the point spread was.