Walsh makes his presence felt in win over Ole Miss

Jordan Walsh said Arkansas’ staff has jokingly set over/unders on his fouls before. He was only tagged with 1 on Saturday vs. Ole Miss, and he made his presence felt in the 69-57 win.

“I think he can play at a higher and higher level every single game,” Devo Davis said. More:

3 Likes

We ran the motion offense more than we have all year long. That is perfect for Walsh because with his quickness and his post moves inside he can score inside and he’s getting more comfortable hitting the 3. We have to keep moving the ball and running the motion offense the way we did today

2 Likes

You think we could use him like we used Justin Smith a couple years ago. Begin posting him up down low?

He has very good post moves not as physical as Justin Smith but he is quick he’s getting better!!

1 Like

That’s great to hear only got to see very little of the game, but I’ve been preaching that we had to have more motion. When we have motion on offense our guys athleticism shines and you become a threat to make a play and you don’t do that standing still. Much needed win, lots of help from bench and Walsh is coming on strong. WPS

3 Likes

Yeah we got some very good shots today ball movement was excellent the second half especially

1 Like

When our hogs are able to play a good first half and a solid second half they will become very hard to beat. The 3 is part of the key but the ball movement and motion is vital. The hogs should be able to dominant Ole Miss by the time the SEC tourney states they will.

If your on the court and constantly in motion your a participator but if your standing still your a spectator. In most all our losses we had way too many spectators on the court, sounds like we played much better today. If we continue to get everyone involved and Smith back in the lineup we can still make a run this season. We also are starting to see some guys being more confident and contributing on both ends of the court than earlier on. WPS

2 Likes

He has the best we’ve moved the ball and ran our motion offense all year. I really don’t know why you haven’t done this all the time but we very rarely do

1 Like

His drive along the baseline reminded me of Ron Hurey back in the day.

2 Likes

Walsh is a very physical player who plays defense with a ferocity. He does need to back it down a little bit because we need him on the floor. He is improving this year as we progress through the season. He could be really good next year. One reason he is such a good defender is his arm length…incredible.

2 Likes

Man, I loved Ron Heury.
Gone too soon.