Vols lose four commits so far

After the Jones firing, the Vols immediately lost four commits including one in the top 50. How many can we expect to lose if CBB is let go? I assume the wavering on Gooden’s part is tied to this unrest so I would think he’s out…who else?

In a previous post, Dudley thought that we would be able to keep 8 of the 12 we have committed. Four my or may not stay with us. Of course that is just what Dudley thinks. No one knows for sure. Dudley and RD would have the best feel for the situation of anyone I know.

I would think in a coaching change situation, we would lose some recruits and gain some with recruits following the new coach. There could be a net gain or lost. You would also have to think in terms of quality of recruits and number of recruits. What do you think?

If ever there was a year to not be worried about recruits, it is this year. We don’t have as many schollies to offer as usual, and we ain’t exactly hoarding 5 stars anyway. Should not be a consideration on the coaching change, IMHO.

I’m not sure that is the best way to think on this.

Some of the ones committed are very good 4 star players and a position of need.

This year would be the worse not to recruit because you cannot make mistakes with such a small class.

Gooden’s situation is not tired to the so-called unrest

I was gonna say, he was singing AR praises over the weekend. Not sure it’s “unrest” and just a media member trying to create a story. I know you made a comment about the song quote and SDS said it was proof he decommitted.

Bumper Pool will do his part to hold the class together. I think there will be some transfers and the class overall will go up in numbers. If I was guessing I’d predict 4 to 5 transfers.
We have the immediate need on offensive line and defense period.
I’d hope the class stay intact but there’s no guarantee. Just like there’s no guarantee CBB is going anywhere.

[quote=“donwells”]

I’m not sure that is the best way to think on this.

Some of the ones committed are very good 4 star players and a position of need.

This year would be the worse not to recruit because you cannot make mistakes with such a small class.
[/quote]Said another way, quite unfortunately we have a small recruiting class this season. On the other hand, do you think a new HC cares?

CBB said Monday (I think it was Monday) that the number of recruits could be as many as 20.