Vols finalizing deal to hire Schiano

My Vol friends here in Chattanooga are furious.

Very furious…

Currie is getting ripped on social media…

Bad hire. So what if he won big at Rutgers in the Big Least. That was a two-team conference. So now EOE-K has screwed up four straight hires. Call it the Curse of Krispy Kreme Fulmer.

Protesters outside AD office in Knoxville. It’s a very unpopular hire.

Lawmakers getting into the act ripping the AD.

Wow!

Tennessee fans will not be happy with anyone but Gruden.

This Schiano talk is all a charade. Gruden is really the one. I talked to a friend who heard it from his mother-in-law’s neighbor who has a son who supposedly saw him in Knoxville just a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know how info can be more reliable than that.

The claim/allegation is that he had knowledge of Sandusky’s sexual abuse conduct at Penn St. and didn’t report it. He was an assistant there during Sandusky’s era, apparently. This came out in a deposition of the big redhead coach that sued Penn St.

Regardless of the veracity of the allegation, you don’t offer a guy like this. Bad, bad PR move on Tennessee’s part.

Same as some on here wanting Briles to come here

UT fan said he heard they reached out to Chas Manson first but he was unavaiable

TN pulled offer from Schiano. AD is under fire big time.

After this fiasco TN will have a hard time getting a big time coach.

This state was on fire today… :shock:

Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you been messin’ around

(That’s two REO Speedwagon appearances on the board in a week)

I wasn’t aware of the Sandusky angle, but just from a football standpoint, it’s not a good hire.

Are you serious? I haven’t heard they pulled the offer. If so, TN is a bigger cluster*** than we are.

We look great compared to their mess. Schiano and TN walking away from the deal. TN is getting slammed in USA Today right now. I suppose they can offer Kiffin now! :smiley:

Tennessee fans are getting ripped worse than the school/AD is. Dan Wetzel thinks its a good hire from a football standpoint. But Vol Nation has been fed the line for years that Gruden was just waiting to be asked – and they believe it.

I can’t find anything that they’ve pulled the offer. And the Penn State stuff is all fourth-hand hearsay. Kinda like the Gruden rumors.

Meanwhile, Knoxville businesses are already tweeting that they will not allow Schiano to enter their premises if he is hired.

UPDATE: Chris Low of ESPN now reporting that EOE has indeed pulled the offer.

Having lived in TN for the past 20 years I have a pretty good feel for their fan base. And I agree with you Jeff…they actually thought they could get Gruden. And that was the reason for the riots. They pulled the Penn State crap out to stop the hire. Schiano didn’t meet their requirements of a big name coach. Our mess looks good compared to their fiasco. Good coaches will shy away from EOE-K crazies…

Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you been messin’ around

(That’s two REO Speedwagon appearances on the board in a week)

I wasn’t aware of the Sandusky angle, but just from a football standpoint, it’s not a good hire.

Swine it appears that Vol fans don’t like the rough guys, the ones who think they can do anything they please(Sandusky)
And Shiano will not be able to ride the storm out.

If Schiano had been winning ehough, Vol fans would have been just fine with the hire.

Yea if Schiano had a NC and/or consistent top 10 rankings under his belt, TN probably wouldn’t have cared if he turned the shower on for Sandusky.