Vitale

… is calling the Arkansas at Kentucky game from 1994 on the SEC network. OMG, he seems to think that you call the Hogs by doing the same sing-song as Rock Chalk Jayhawk. UGH. There is a reason that I haven’t listened to him in years.

WOW, I was thinking same thing, was watching the same game, he’s super annoying, he totally blew the Hog call several times… And Arkansas was the #3 team in the nation during that time. How are you an announcer and can’t even get something as simple as the Hog call right? Takes all of 1 minute of research. Could have literally asked any Hog fan 4 years or older that walked through the door the correct way to do it.

One of my favorite CMA moment to this day was when CMA went on the Paul Finebaum show and called Dick Vitale out for not even knowing Mosley Kingsley’s name (Thought his last name was Beasley) while trying to criticize him and calling him a “mouse and not a man” because he had like a hard foul or something, it wasn’t even that big of a deal. Dickey V was so embarrassed and called Paul Finebaum and was trying to back track and change the subject. It was so great. I was so proud that CMA was the Razorback coach that day.

Last night the SEC Network also replayed the Arkansas - Arizona semi final game from the 94 NCAA final 4. Just happened to run across it and watched the last 7 minutes. Loved those guys. Corey Beck was the glue and Scotty had a great game. Corliss was so cool and confident. The announcers were gushing over Lute Olsen and giving Nolan little credit. Sigh…

We won going away. Beck had 4 fouls early and never fouled out.

I was fortunate to see his daughter play has week. She is a chip off the old block.

What I didn’t realize until well into the broadcast of the National Championship game, was that they were showing the ENTIRE replay, including post-game and One Shining Moment. I had the game already, so I hadn’t set the recorder. I did capture about the last 40 minutes. It was fun to see the old ads and the studio updates.