Vitale tweet

Vitale tweeted this earlier with a picture of him with Mike Anderson. You may have seen. Is this good with you?
https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/841692618681540614

Life is to short to carry grudges. Dick is a good person (just watched the 30-30 on Jim Valvano and the 83 NC State team). As a young man growing up I actually liked some of his schitck and he helped promote the game.

He drives me nutso now, but I think in his heart he cares about the game and the kids. The man is now 77 so he gets a pass from me.

Glad he did this. Shouldn’t have said what he did to begin with, but who hasn’t said something they regret almost immediately? (I do on about an hourly basis).

no that’s not an apology and that picture was before he said what he said. he refused to apologize when he had multiple opportunities. And he is a seton hall pirate! we can think about making amends after friday! WPS!

Navy, I don’t hold anything against him–I just posted this to let everybody decide for themselves. I posted practically the same words you wrote earlier in the day. I loved him in the late 70s and early 80s, but he’s hard on the ears these days. I’ve heard enough PTP’ers and all the other phrases he has. But overall, he’s been good for basketball. I’d hate for him to really tarnish what he’s doing in his final years.

Navy, I don’t hold anything against him–I just posted this to let everybody decide for themselves. I posted practically the same words you wrote earlier in the day. I loved him in the late 70s and early 80s, but he’s hard on the ears these days. I’ve heard enough PTP’ers and all the other phrases he has. But overall, he’s been good for basketball. I’d hate for him to really tarnish what he’s doing in his final years.

Yeah I’d agree with that assessment. He was a big part of ESPN’s rise in the early 80’s. Back in those days, I was actually able to call up the studio in Bristol and talk to Dickie V. He would stay on the line for a couple of minutes and talk hoops with me, a complete nobody. I always thought he was a pretty decent guy for doing that. It’s sad to see a legend hang around for too long. It rarely ends well.

All that aside, who is that good-looking chick with them??? (I may be old, but an old hog can still grunt!)

Kaylee Hartung

That would be Kaylee Hartung, who was the ESPN sideline reporter at the SECT.

I reacted like all Hog fans would on the information provided to this board, did not see the game Sunday in any way, shape or form so I only know the opinions rendered here. I was not happy with the things said that were pinned on Dickie V. I know there is not a better man for promoting cancer awareness in the Sarasota/Tampa area who gives freely and enthusiastically of his time for Moffit, All Childrens and the Shrine. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who deals with issues related to cancer who would do anything but give him highest praises. His community involvement is spectacularly stellar to borrow his hyperbole. I think he is color blind blue and a sneaker licker as someone on board called him esp for Duke, UNC and Ky. I am old enough to remember when he and Billy Packer could also get on their high horse promoting underdogs. I would bet Vitale would be very likely to formulate a more expansive apology to Moses because Moses deserves one based on his heretofore behaviors and accomplishments. The Vitale family is absolutely loved for their volunteer work in Sarasota/Tampa.

Dick Vitale needs to stick to cancer research there’s no place for his bias opinions !

Dick Vitale needs to stick to his fund raising efforts for the V foundation and the work he does at home for children and the community. He brings nothing to the game of basketball anymore but a bias opinions.
Maybe he should think before he puts his mouth in gear.
One thought maybe he could get Greg Stankey to join him!

One thing I learned in my 20’s is that holding a grudge can consume you and make you so bitter along with being so non-productive. Once I let that go I had peace that I didn’t have before.

I may not like some people but I can’t say I hate them.

Ephesians 4:31-32 \t

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Amen to that Richard!

I was in an elevator in SF with Vitale before March Madness the year May Day went to the FF. I asked him who he thought were the faves to win it all. He was nice & rattled off about 6 teams. I asked him “what about the Hogs?” He chuckled & didn’t say anything. I said “u wait & see!”

Amen brother. It’s water under the bridge.

I’m glad he tweeted that, but it appears to stop short of an apology. I think he’s owed an apology. Still, this beats nothing. I’m willing to move on. However, one thing I don’t want lost sight of by the SEC is how the officials apparently ignored the throat slash & called some really ticky fouls against us.

Totally agree and totally necessary if one is to live in peace with others and God.

I’ve said this for several years, and a couple times this year. The NCAA needs to have its own officials and an officiating school. I know many of you claim Calipari sucks because he doesn’t win year after year with his talent, but watch the officiating during the tourney, if KY draws a Big East or B12 crew they lose. They have “different rules.” I also believe Conference bias comes in, let’s say we draw a B12 crew against UNC, the B12 wants Kansas to be THE Team, and will help us. Happens every year.