Very worried A and M good enough to win west

If we bring the swagger we and play big we can win.

But this may be one of Sumlins best teams over there.

Have to bring our A game.

We need some intangibles.

D forcing turnovers and Whaley breakout and Reed speed.

Man A and M has some big recievers

[quote=“bushhog”]
If we bring the swagger we and play big we can win.

But this may be one of Sumlins best teams over there.

Have to bring our A game.

We need some intangibles.

D forcing turnovers and Whaley breakout and Reed speed.

Man A and M has some big recievers
[/quote] Really? They could absolutely beat us, but winning the West — No way. Haven’t seen that and I think we will take them down actually. TCU is a better team than they have played yet — Auburn will probably have there stuff together before we play them ---- but they really, really looked bad last week. Just a mess.

I think this is the year that we get them, I just can’t see CBB not having his team ready to roll this weekend…

The Aggie hype is full force in Sept and fades by Nov except when Johhny football was QB

We have added our share to the gabbers the last few years giving away the game in regulation to lose in OT

Not this time BB wants this one

B A D

This is a different A&M team. Not sure it’s Sumlin’s best. I thought Johnny Football was almost impossible to stop. Now, maybe they couldn’t stop anyone. So they are not quite the same at quarterback, although Knight is good. He’s not Johnny Football. Defensively, I’m not sure this is a great defense. Good, but not great. Injuries tell the tale in the SEC West. What you are at the start of the conference season may not be what you are after three or four games. It’s the teams that can sustain good play after getting beat up that win in the SEC West. I point to LSU last year. The Tigers got beat up in the O-line and that’s as much a reason for the way they fell at the end as anything. Not many can sustain good play after losing three O-line starters, as was the case with LSU last year.

Noticed something interesting this morning on SECN recap of Saturday’s games. Trevor Knight only completed 50% of his passes against Auburn and averaged 6.0 ypa. That kind of production is not going to cut it against us.

I think Enos will game plan to neutralize Garrett and the rest of the Ag rushers. Whether it’s running straight at them, or bootlegging, or some other ploy we haven’t thought of yet.

And remember we had fourth quarter leads the last two years and let them get away in OT. It’s not like they’ve been hugely better than us – even with last year’s suspect defense.

Aubie’s defense is not what they’re struggling with.

We used a nifty little shovel pass once earlier this year, would love to see it again this week (maybe several times). The way the aTm DE’s speed rush around the ends, I think it will work nicely.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
This is a different A&M team. Not sure it’s Sumlin’s best. I thought Johnny Football was almost impossible to stop. Now, maybe they couldn’t stop anyone. So they are not quite the same at quarterback, although Knight is good. He’s not Johnny Football. Defensively, I’m not sure this is a great defense. Good, but not great. Injuries tell the tale in the SEC West. What you are at the start of the conference season may not be what you are after three or four games. It’s the teams that can sustain good play after getting beat up that win in the SEC West. I point to LSU last year. The Tigers got beat up in the O-line and that’s as much a reason for the way they fell at the end as anything. Not many can sustain good play after losing three O-line starters, as was the case with LSU last year.
[/quote] And we are riding that same vane. The wrong injuries, in the wrong position’s are crippling to a team without a stable of 5 Stars, see — Alabama.
But I think we are going to beat this A&M team without key “in game” injuries for us ---- simply because the Finebaum world gives us no chance. Perfect. I always worry when he picks us. What a genius he is. But Coach Anderson is on there now, so not all bad. He has good producers at least.

I married into a family of OU Sooners (thankfully my wife went to TU) and they all say that Trevor Knight virtually insures late-game, late-season meltdowns. Based on what they are saying, A&M cannot win the West with him as their QB.

I just hope he melts down this Saturday…we all know just how crucial this game is in the process CBB is working on! WOOO PIG!!!

While I very much agree with your underlying premise in the last line of your post, I think that perhaps “crucial” might be a little strong. While (as Donald Trump might say) “Winning this game would be HUGE” in the progression of CBB’s program, win or lose I think that the Hogs are very capable of going 9-3 this year. Certainly that would be a big (continuing) stepup in the path that CBB has us on, and much better than many predicted at the beginning of the season. Nevertheless, all of us would certainly like to see another W on Saturday night (or early Sunday morning, as someone predicted in the score thread), Aggie quarterback meltdown or not.

A and M is one of about three or four teams that may be good enough to win the West, depending on a few breaks and bounces, and as Clay said injuries as the season progresses.
Yes I’m putting us in that mix.

Unless you are Alabama.

You can count on a win.

Arkansas is good enough to win even without playing its best. At its best, definitely will win. Bret thinks they got better this week, so that’s a good sign.