Very encouraged by the offense today

It was by far the best called game we gave our quarterback throws that could be completed our kids caught the ball our offensive line did enough to open up a few holes for boyd who is by far best running back…

but unfortunately it takes both defense and offense to continue to improve our defense never intended to show up today and it was obvious from the very first snap Alabama’s offense is incredible don’t get me wrong but our defense you never really tried to compete other than a couple of plays…

We can win several of these next games but it’s going to take both sides of the ball wanting to try to get better I saw one side of the ball that really wanted to get better today and I saw one side who acted like they didn’t care and were defeated before the ball was ever kicked off that is unacceptable

31 points
400+ yards
22 first downs
With this offensive line?

Wow. Unbelievable job by Coach Morris. I’m really shocked.

I guess it does take time to install a new offense

I loved the play calling today. I was expecting this type of play calls in the first few games. If we play like this next week on offense we can put 40+ on Ole Miss and may need all of them to win

And against that defensive line. Was fun to watch all things considered.

i am not real sure why we haven’t called these plays.they are not rocket science plays. we could/should have called them all yr IMO.

There have been some called and not executed.

Having Boyd, O’Grady and Hayden reliable, healthy and knowing the playbook appears to give the coaches more confidence in doing that.

Offense is making steps in the right direction now that playmakers have been identified. O’Grady has been targeted 13 times the last two weeks, and for good reason. Rakeem Boyd was solid again. He is proving he can be a No. 1 back. Those two touched the ball 27 times combined today. All good signs for the offense moving forward should it eliminate turnovers.

[quote=“GeorgiaHawg”]

I guess it does take time to install a new offense

I loved the play calling today. I was expecting this type of play calls in the first few games. If we play like this next week on offense we can put 40+ on Ole Miss and may need all of them to win
[/quote

I agree totally. using the tight ends and call higher percentage pass play, it helps that Boyd knows how to cut to daylight. it really had Alabama out of sync in the first half. I am greatly encouraged. Hope is back. I am throwing the defensive side of the game out. Those are all future NFL players with speed to burn, that one dude Jeudy, left us behind on a 10 yard slant, nobody on the team could catch him. There is Hope. Ole Miss has some good wide outs too, but I think we can take them. I did not after the North texas debacle.

I found hope for the future today…

I thought the O-line was fun to watch today. Wasn’t perfect by any stretch, but took a big step up.

I liked almost everything we did on offense. I woukd probably go exclusively with Kelley on the goal line. Otherwise you can’t ask for much better offensively.

The defense was disappointing. I knew they would give up a lot of points but thought they would compete. That didn’t really happen.

Overall, though, the last few weeks have provided some hope. Now, we need to go win a game.

The 22 first downs was the biggest surprise of the day for me, max effort and great play calling. WPS

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

I liked almost everything we did on offense. I woukd probably go exclusively with Kelley on the goal line. Otherwise you can’t ask for much better offensively.

The defense was disappointing. I knew they would give up a lot of points but thought they would compete. That didn’t really happen.

Overall, though, the last few weeks have provided some hope. Now, we need to go win a game.

[/quote]Had been waiting for him to “jump pass.” Loved the fact that he placed the ball perfectly out of the reach of the defender, who happened to play that play about as well as he could have played it.