Vandy Opening

While not thorough research and very early in the process, I have not seen mention of Barry Odom as a candidate. Seems most of the early names have either a strong Tennessee or Vanderbilt connection. Mason was well paid, 3.5 million was the number I recall reading, but still think it may be a tough fill, with what appears a less than strong commitment to football.

One interesting name is Jeff Fisher, the former Titans coach. Not sure if there is any serious interest from either side, but it was mentioned in two different articles I saw. Other names were the Army Head Coach, Healy at Unc-Charlotte and an assortment of assistants.

Don’t think Odom would be interested. Probably the same for other top candidates. There are already or will be better job openings.

Barry Odom, Will Muschamp, Matt Luke, Chad Morris, Derek Dooley, Mike Shula, Brett Bielema, Ron Zook, Jim McElwain, Joe Moorhead, Kevin Sumlin, and Joker Phillips… all coaches who had less than desired results at SEC schools that are (far) better jobs than Vanderbilt. So, I would guess none on this list would even consider the Vanderbilt job (or vice versa).

Former SEC coaches who did have some degree of success… Mark Richt, Les Miles, even Houston Nutt… would also probably say no to Vanderbilt.

Wouldn’t it be interesting if they could coax James Franklin to come back?

I’m guessing they’ll hire an “up and comer”.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.