Van Horn will coach today

Great news. Let’s give him a “back to work” present boys.

Great news

Pretty certain Coach comes back with a fire in his belly, let’s hope his team does as well.

Indeed, Coach is in the house!

1 Like

On the pre-game show, DVH said he had food poisoning and had been in the hospital for 2 days. He said he is not 100%, but feels much better.

Here is more from his pregame interviews:

I guess my previous post about a fire in his belly was either poor or good timing, depending on how you view things!

1 Like

Food poisoning is no small thing. It can be miserable & occasionally deadly.

1 Like

Did anyone ask him where and what he ate? I’d kinda like to avoid that.

I had a case of food poisoning that lasted several days in the summer of 2011. I don’t want to experience that again. I’ve never felt so weak.

1 Like

DVH mentioned that surgery was a possibility early on. How common is that with food poisoning? I would not have linked those two things together.

1 Like

Very good question. This seems really odd.

1 Like

In my much younger days in college at the UofA, and even in the earlier days of my career, Food Poisoning was always an “easy” excuse to throw out to get out of something. The first time I contracted food poisoning, I made a pact with myself that I would never use that as an excuse to get out of anything ever again. Food poisoning absolutely sucks. I’m just glad DVH is back in the saddle feeling better, and did not require surgery. WPS!!!

2 Likes

That would be quite unusual.

In fact I cannot think of a situation where “food poisoning” would require surgery.

And of course, “food poisoning” is not an accurate term. It’s a bacterial or protozoan infection transmitted in contaminated food.

1 Like

It’s a wonder that some of the cafeteria food at UA Monticello did not give me food poisoning. Worse ever.

1 Like

Got food poisoning eating late night shrimp cocktail in Vegas once. It was awful. My whole family was there to celebrate Thanksgiving, and I couldn’t even leave my room to be with them. I wouldn’t wish that on anybody…except The Squid. :sunglasses: And Pearl. And Wade.

2 Likes

I’ll add Texass……any sport! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.