Valparaiso transfer Javon Freeman-Liberty contacted

Valparaiso transfer Javon Freeman-Liberty tells ESPN he has heard from Oregon, Arkansas, Marquette, BYU and DePaul since entering the transfer portal this morning.

First-team All-MVC guard averaged 19.0 points, 6.1 rebounds and 3.2 assists.

https://www.valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/roster/2018-19/10062/javon-freeman-liberty/

Sit one, play two?

I think three.

This guy is a baller, almost beat us in NLR this year if I remember correctly.

Isn’t he the one that Adrio rejected late in the game in NLR last year? Scored 21 on us that night.

Yes. He will be a nice get. He is a scorer and not just a shooter.

Really fun player to watch up close in North Little Rock. Arkansas didn’t have an answer for him for a stretch of that game. Solid scorer and very good defensively looking at his steals numbers.

ADG photographer Thomas Metthe got this shot of the block:

He seems to a player who would be an immediate star on our 21-22 team as a red-shirt Junior. I’d love to see Muss sign him. He is one of the few non-grad transfers that I would want to sign. It would cost us a 2020 scholarship but would be worth it.

I love those tough Chicago high school guards. He seems to be a demon on defense. I’ll bet Patrick Beverley, another tough Chicago guard, is one of his idols.

Go get him CEM.

Oh, and I guess there’s still a chance the NCAA will enact the one time “immediately eligible” proposed rule.

DePaul bound

Going back home. He may get immediate eligibility there. I wish he would have signed with us. Can’t argue against going home.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.