I scanned the rosters real quick to see if any hogs showed up and found a pair.
- Devwah Whaley #12 RB 5’11" 212 lbs (Arkansas) – Houston Gamblers
- Cheyenne O’Grady #85 TE 6’4" 245 lbs (Arkansas) – Tampa Bay Bandits
And sadly there were more Arkansas State players than Razorbacks.
- Chris Odom #93 DE 6’3" 245 lbs (Arkansas State) – Houston Gamblers
- Jonathan Adams #9 WR 6’3" 220 lbs (Arkansas State) – New Orleans Breakers
- Cody Brown #21 S 6’0" 201 lbs (Arkansas State) – Philadelphia Stars
I stopped on the NJ-Birmingham game while surfing channels and one of the first images was John Chavis. He is the defensive coordinator/LB coach for Birmingham.
Yes I saw that too. There was also mention of Skip Holtz, so I guess this is where he is now as well.
Much better FB game than I thought would be played. They did say Skip Holtz Skip Holtz - Wikipedia. Skip has a lot of hats to wear.
The running, blocking and tacklets we pretty good for 3 weeks practice time. I watch the NFL very little but thought I would watch the USFL and take a few notes…
And Bill Johnson was Dline coach.
Randy Satterfield, receiver from Lyon college, had a really good game for the Generals.
I didn’t know Lyon even had a football team. It seems that was added (D-3) in 2015.
Did not know that either. I went to hoops camp there back in the late 80’s (still Arkansas college).
I suspect that’s because there are so few ASU players on NFL rosters. I’m not convinced the USFL is gonna be any more successful this time than last time.
This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.