Way to go Trojans!!!
That will help our RPI. Not a whole lot but a little bit.
Other Friday night scores of interest:
Arkansas State beat #12 Coastal Carolina 4-2 at Coastal. Yurachek used to be AD at CCU, and of course they have something we couldn’t quite get – a big trophy from Omaha. (I drove through the Coastal campus the other day going to visit my son. Didn’t see their baseball field but they’re putting a nice upper deck on the football stadium, which has lovely teal-colored turf).
#4 Georgia lost to the Jellycats 5-0. Hogs and Aggies have the best SEC record now at 6-1 while Dawgs are 6-2.
LSU beat #2 Moo U 10-5 at Stankvomit to even that series. Both teams are two games behind Hogs and Aggies in the West.
Virginia beat #5 NC State 4-3.
#7 Molester State beat U-Dub 1-0.
The Fightin’ Fallopians beat Xavier 6-5 in 12. Another boost to the RPI, I suppose.
Speaking of which, live RPI from Warren Nolan:
- Vandy, jumping up three spots this week
- Molester State, down one
- UCLA, dropping two.
- Auburn, up one
- TTTech, up two
- Cal-Santa Barbara, up two
- Stanford, down one (Trees are unbeaten in the Pac-11).
- Illinois, but they didn’t get their score updated today (lost at Iowa 8-4). Like our Friday game last week, they list it as a tie. Dropped four spots even with the tie, probably more when they get it fixed.
- AZ State, which is 23-1. Up one spot this week
- Aggies, up 8 spots this week.
- EOE, down two spots
- Nike U, down one
- Pepperdine, which was in Omaha the first time we were there, won the NC in 1992 and hasn’t been back. Up 7 spots this week.
- NC State, down two
- Fightin’ Fallopians.