Reid Bauer

LS Jordan Silver
George Madden

H Jack Lindsey
Blake Johnson

KR De’Vion Warren
Gary Cross

PR Jared Cornelius

3 true freshmen in the defensive two deep. Really like all those guys.

Interesting that even with limited practices they still like Chase Harrell enough to put him in the two deep. Since he backs up Pettway that kind of signals they are going to have big physical WR out there most of the time, which I also like.

Looking forward to watching those LTs get their feet wet.

So Dalton Wagner is good to go?

Morris said he was cleared to practice yesterday.

I see Daulton Hyatt is in your list of QB’s Matt. A couple of my buddies said he was transferring but I have not seen or read a thing on this and I am typically reading on the Hogs every day of the week. Did I miss this or do they have bad information at this time???

He has not transferred.

Thank you for helping to clarify and clear that up Matt. Certainly would prefer to ask you or RD or DD to be sure.

I’m a little surprised that Cheyenne O’Grady is not listed as an “or” at TE. Seems like he was a leading receiver through Spring. Is this mostly about Patton and Cantrell being healthy? Should we expect O’Grady to play significant snaps?

Kind of reminds me of 10 years ago in Year 1 of the Petrino era, but that was on offense - when we had all of those true freshmen WR’s playing a bunch of snaps. Hope this defensive gambit works out as well over the next 3-4 years. If these young guys work out as well as it appears they might, they can be the foundation for building something special on that side of the ball . . . and - boy - would THAT be a welcome change after the defense’s we’ve endured the last 3 years.

That OL scares me.

TJ Hammonds fall off the list? I expect him to play.

Coach Morris said he and Boyd and all the running backs would play. How much would depend upon how things were going and the flow of the game.

[quote=“nlrbuzzard”]

3 true freshmen in the defensive two deep. Really like all those guys.

Interesting that even with limited practices they still like Chase Harrell enough to put him in the two deep. Since he backs up Pettway that kind of signals they are going to have big physical WR out there most of the time, which I also like.

Looking forward to watching those LTs get their feet wet.

[/quote]Yes. A RS Freshman and a true Frosh.

Take a Game 1 depth chart with a grain of salt. In the first game the coaches probably aren’t giving away all of our new personnel. We only get the element of surprise in the first game, might as well use it.

O’Grady will play a lot. Four TEs will play a lot.

Has Clenin beat out Wagner at LT, or do you think Wagner will take over at that spot once he is back 100%?

Also, if Clenin had to come out for some reason, would it be Wagner that comes in if Wallace is still at RT? Just wondering if Wagner is the back up tackle either side right now, with Gatlin the backup at LT if both Wallace and Clenin came out and Wagner had to play RT.

With all the cross-training they’ve talked about doing in camp, will the OL this year be a true 2-deep at each position, or will there be a lot of shuffling to get the 5 best, healthy linemen on the field regardless of the spot they are in?

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Maybe some more OL discussion will help the rest of the week go by faster.
Go Hogs!

When Colton Jackson gets back I would assume he starts at LT, unless one of the young guys is something of a prodigy.

Yes, I guess I should have been more specific. I mean until Jackson comes back. I just expected to see Wagner at the LT spot for game 1.

I don’t think he is medically cleared and hasn’t practiced in 2 weeks, i am not sure why you would think he would play.
For everyone else lamenting youth.
Additionally unless i am missing something all 3 of these RS Freshman have been D1 football players for 20 months, I think people should recognize they have been through 2 Springs and 2 fall camps, these guys are a lot closer to RS sophomores than RS Freshman.

Very True. Noah Gatlin is a True Freshman that has impressed me. I am glad to see Ty Clary still in the mix after being thrown into the fire tooooo early last year. We are extremely fortunate that our first 3 games are E. IL, CSU and UNT so we can weather this storm. We just have to make it 2 more weeks I think until Colton Jackson comes back and it all changes dramatically.