Update on 5-star Kyree Walker

Coach Nick Weaver said after talking to Kyree, he believes he will take an official visit to Arkansas.

Whether or not Walker reclassifies or not, Weaver said that’s being discussed.

Walker, 6-6 of Hillcrest Prep of Phoenix, Ariz. is rated an ESPN 5-star prospect, No. 4 small forward and No. 13 overall prospect in the 2020 class.

This is very new, but do you have an idea about if he might commit after the visit?

No idea. Hoping to talk to him in a few minutes. His top two was Nevada and Memphis so I guess it’s possible.

I know this is a stupid question, but what does “reclassify” mean? Graduate high school a year early?

Exactly what it means if you can attain the necessary H.S. credits.

If that happens we will have to call Coach Musselman,
‘Lightening Man’ instead of ‘Rain Man’.

Maybe he will stick some dynamite in that mountain of
expectation Coach NR built.

There’s really only one potential drawback for the school in this instance. When the decision is made this late, it usually means the student will have to take a really heavy class load this summer, and probably not enroll until fall semester. That also usually means clearance from the NCAA may take right up to the first game of the season.

I’ve noticed that Walker is in a prep school, so in this case he may already have enough credits to graduate, or may be real close. That would be a great situation if so.

His coach Nick Weaver still believes he’ll reclassify and be a 2019 signee.

He also still expects Walker and 2020 guard Dalen Terry to visit Arkansas.

I sent you a PM

RD, any idea on timing?

Nothing firm.

Looks like we are chasing a lot more 2019 players than most people think we have scholarships to give. Does that mean you chase until you fill or do you continue to chase as long as the one you are chasing is better than someone currently on scholarship? At what point does a coach have to tell a current player than he won’t be on scholarship next year?