University of Missouri - Columbia

With all the scuttlebutt regarding the newspaper using University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, I found it interesting that in a weekly chat on the StL Post Dispatch, Benjamin Hochman just used the term “University of Missouri - Columbia.” Guess Arkansas isn’t alone in this phenomenon.

http://sports.live.stltoday.com/Event/B … an_Live_52

I don’t know the timeline, but I’d guess it’ll be soon. I sense that the University of Missouri-Columbia has a very good chance at getting Porter (and Porter (and Porter)). First, there’s been the reports that say as much.

They’ve been doing that for years. I suspect a lot of this UA-Fayetteville bull carp is coming out of the large cadre of Missouri-Columbia J-school grads working at the Dem-Gaz.

UAF is technically the correct, if unnecessary, nomenclature.

Interesting. I didn’t know that.

Just my personal opinion, but the only problem I have with referring to The Fayetteville Campus as UAF is that it’s unnecessary - borderline sloppy but definitely cumbersome - in the midst of a story about the Razorbacks.

If it is used in a story in the Arkansas section, I get it. In the sports section, I don’t get it.

That said, I don’t see it as a slight. It’s an editorial decision. I personally wish we would all move on. It makes the paper look silly but doesn’t otherwise affect UA or its fans.