UCSB Shortstop Jordan Sprinkle chooses Hogs

Another important from the transfer portal:

This guy had him rated as one of the Top 10 shortstops in college. (Also notice who was #10b)

1 Like

He’s a good player,pretty solid defensive player… better than average offensive player… makes me think something is going on though with one of the Juco guys maybe Coll who is a draft possibility.

1 Like

Sprinkle is also draft eligible. Baseball America rates him this year’s No. 156 prospect.

I don’t take his commitment as an indication of something happening with someone else. I think Arkansas’ coaches are going to add the best players they can and let the rest work itself out on the field this fall.

3 Likes

If Jalen Battles is only 10b, I’m not sold on this guy’s rating system. I can’t imagine a better college SS than JB. However, if anyone puts Sprinkle into the same range as JB, he’s someone I’d love to have.

2 Likes

A 979 OPS would have led the Hogs this past season.

I don’t blame them I would too, we have to basically field a brand new team and to compete in this league you’re going to have to have Great players… good will not cut it in this league

He had a .797 OPS this year. That was typed incorrectly into the story and we have corrected it.

Well, Dang.

He had a .938 OPS the previous year.

His fielding percentage not nearly as good as JB’s. Jus’ sayin’, he can work on it. :sunglasses:

JB set a real high bar.

3 Likes

Matt Goodheart played with him on Cape Cod.

2 Likes

Means a lot that a former hog has those kind of things to say about him… hopefully we will get him to play up to his full potential

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.