UALR

The Trojans have won nine of their last 10 games after sweeping a doubleheader against No. 25 Coastal Carolina tonight. UALR could be in first in the Sun Belt by the end of the weekend.

As I suspected, that was a better team than many gave it credit for being a couple of weeks ago. UALR played a really good schedule early this year and had a lot of one- and two-run losses to good teams. UALR’s RPI was 185 prior to the Arkansas game. Now it is 110.

Well I tried to tell everybody Matt that they weren’t a pushover especially after us coming off a big home series loss. But you told me not to go overboard predicting that. I’m surprised we lost the game or what they did tonight was incredible have to give them credit.

Agree Matt, that team seams to have woke up starting with us. Their good players are playing as advertised.
We still should have beat them but maybe was looking ahead And that’s just baseball.

This can’t be true. I read, here, that it was a completely unacceptable, embarrassing loss that would shift the balance of baseball power in Arkansas.

It was and still is an embarrassing loss even if UALR has a better record now than it did when they played us. No one said or even implied it would shift the balance of baseball power in Arkansas. And let’s not forget that loss also came on the heels of two losses at home to Ole Miss, one of those by an embarrassing score. A lopsided loss to Ole Miss was bad enough, but giving up 17 runs to UALR was awful, especially the way we did it.

I knew the timing of that game was going to be dicey and said so,we had just lost our 1st home series in over a yr and had Auburn on the road thurs.I knew they weren’t bad but was more the timing than anything else to me.

The Hogs should NEVER get beat by the Trogans. Period end of story. Play them early in the nonconfercne when all hands are on deck to pitch! The mid week game put the hogs in a corner just like the second game at Texas. As it turned out DVH could have used Cronnin in that game along with Kosty! Play to win!

[quote=“ArmyHog”]

The Hogs should NEVER get beat by the Trogans. Period end of story. Play them early in the nonconfercne when all hands are on deck to pitch! The mid week game put the hogs in a corner just like the second game at Texas. As it turned out DVH could have used Cronnin in that game along with Kosty! Play to win!

[/quote]

“Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand.”
— Bill Veeck

:lol: