U of A football coach

I am an old fan. I was a fan when Frank Broyles coached his first game in Fayetteville and have been a fan ever since. I have supported the teams at Arkansas with my time and money. I enjoyed all the years of football, basketball, etc to this time. At sometime during all this I began to change my view of college athletics in general (probably influenced by Coach Hatfield who I regard as a most honorable man). I like to win as much as anyone and would love an SEC chamoionship or better though I recognize that may not happen in my lifetime. However, I now feel the obligation to the young people who play these sports that I think that their coaches should and do feel. Coach Bielema believes in recruiting “Uncommon” people, people who have a future beyond athletics as community leaders and mentors for others. I believe he wants to win as much as anyone but he will do it with integrity and honesty, as a mentor to those he has responsibility for. I feel Coach Anderson feels the same way. I would love to see us more consistent in the win column, but, as an old guy looking back, I am quite happy where we are and the direction I think we are going athletically and absolutely supportive of the direction these coaches are leading the young men who play for them.

Good post! You should do it more often :wink:

Great post.

Yep. Well said…

It is great to see a post that is supportive that also Why!!!
I would rather loose with respect and dignity than win in a shameful fashion.
Coach BB and MA are both doing things the right way! I’m proud of what we represent. We can and will win.

Concur

Good job,WPS

I have a new friend.

Well said.

Great post.

Well said. Win at any cost is the Auburn/Ole Miss method. That is
not the culture I want to see at ARKANSAS.

You nailed my sentiments exactly. Great post.

Agree on both. Saw coach Anderson last night at sassy bbq. He is a first class guy who loves the hogs and wants to be here. Very glad that he and coach BB are here

Thanks for the refreshing words

We live in a microwave society where we want it now and at any cost

Sometimes doing it the right way means going 3 steps forward and two steps back,
But hopefully we will still reach our long term goals

[quote=“Olhogfan”]
I am an old fan. I was a fan when Frank Broyles coached his first game in Fayetteville and have been a fan ever since. I have supported the teams at Arkansas with my time and money. I enjoyed all the years of football, basketball, etc to this time. At sometime during all this I began to change my view of college athletics in general (probably influenced by Coach Hatfield who I regard as a most honorable man). I like to win as much as anyone and would love an SEC chamoionship or better though I recognize that may not happen in my lifetime. However, I now feel the obligation to the young people who play these sports that I think that their coaches should and do feel. Coach Bielema believes in recruiting “Uncommon” people, people who have a future beyond athletics as community leaders and mentors for others. I believe he wants to win as much as anyone but he will do it with integrity and honesty, as a mentor to those he has responsibility for. I feel Coach Anderson feels the same way. I would love to see us more consistent in the win column, but, as an old guy looking back, I am quite happy where we are and the direction I think we are going athletically and absolutely supportive of the direction these coaches are leading the young men who play for them.
[/quote]Exactly, winning is not everything. Winning the right way is. Underdogs— that is what we have always been, that is why it means more when we win.

Sensible post. Sincere. Correct.
Stay patient. Enjoy the wins.
Thanks for posting.

I remember Broyles first game (sort of) and certainly that first season. I would love that SEC Championship, but fear I may never see it. Still, if it takes an Auburn or ole miss type deal, I don’t want it.

Well said. Let us hear more from you.

Yes, very well said!! It made me feel good to read it.

My sentiments exactly.

Glad to see so many who feel this way.

Razorback through and through…WPS!

Ditto,
And spoken like a TRUE HOG FAN!
Thank You