Tyson Expanding NWA Operations per Consolidating Corporate HQ

Good news for the NWA economy. This will expand UofA importance in providing interns & grads to the local Tyson employee base. It will necessitate more housing for up to 1000 families relocating to NWA who will work at an expanded Springdale HQ or new campus.

2 Likes

One projection has 1,000,000 people living in NW AR in 25 years.

1 Like

Aren’t we at around 250,000 now? BTW, I love Tyson, retired from there in 16.

1 Like

The Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area of NWA is about 560,000 as of 2021. We passed 250k a loooong time ago

1 Like

They put up the new population sign going into Fayetteville, it is over 93,000, that’s from 2020 census I’m guessing Fayetteville, alone is up over 100,000 this year.

The census for the 560K refers to the “Fayetteville–Springdale–Rogers Metropolitan Statistical Area”. Assume that includes Bentonville, Bella Vista, & Eureka Springs.

Hope the road, infrastructure, & XNA planners have anticipated & will have funding to accommodate 1 million.

Jobs definitely will be moved and consolidated. I’m not sure how many will move from the dunes or from the Chicago office to NWA.

It is essentially Washington, Benton, and part of Madison County

Does not include Eureka Springs.

Nor does it include McDonald County in Missouri, as it once did

1 Like

That’s what I saw.

“Tyson plans to expand and remodel its headquarters in Kansas.” Doesn’t anyone proof articles anymore?

You’re kidding, right? They still haven’t built a decent road to the airport yet, and that should’ve been done 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Kansas???

Original article I read said Springdale, Kansas

Must have been written by Les Miles…Ar Kansas.

2 Likes

I live in Rogers. The roads here are trash. A lot of good things happening here, but infrastructure ain’t one of them. Bikes Blues and BBQ this weekend in Rogers…with no Dickson St. My boss is going to Vegas for the weekend. Wish I could join him. Traffic and noise is gonna be a bi$%h, and I have about a zero % chance to sell a car this weekend.

There is a reason Fayetteville no longer hosts this event, to the detrement of their local economy, but I ain’t gonna get into it here. Suffice it to say that Fayetteville is loo tiberal.

3 Likes

Good thing you elected not to get into it here … else some might incorrectly come to the conclusion you brought politics to the discussion. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The noise level is down this year for BBBQ here in Fayetteville. It’s like a spring morning with the birds tweeting…The only thing I liked about it as a local, was hearing all the bikes leaving while I was out on my Sunday morning run.

4 Likes

Where do you sell cars? We are in Rogers and are in the market for a new vehicle.

PM me.

You can think whatever you want. I live here, and you don’t. I’m guessing the beautiful car in your avatar is an EV?