Tygart....any thoughts of what's going wrong

He look pretty bad last night. He really hasn’t pitched well for a while. Any thoughts on what has changed for him?

Does DVH put him in tonight in a late inning save opportunity?

Looks like he’s lost his control on the high spin breaker. That’s clearly what’s gone wrong.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be shocked to see him start against OU if they advance.

1 Like

I have a feeling Tygart is gonna come up big before this is all said and done.

1 Like

It’s crazy how control works and how a pitcher can suddenly lose it. Then get it back. Sometimes it can happen in an inning, sometimes it takes forever.

2 Likes

Well, it couldn’t be that he’s a freshman, just one year out of high school, pitching in a do-or-go-home situation in the CWS, could it?

Yes, he has pitched a lot this year, and mostly extremely well, but gee whiz… Let’s give the kid a little slack!

6 Likes

He looked to be overthrowing. I think it was a matter of to much adrenalin. I think he should have had an inning in an earlier game. At the time I agreed with DVH on saving him but hindsight is 20/20 as they say. I suspect we see some dominant innings out of him today just like with Zach Morris.

2 Likes

I think Brady has a bright future at Arkansas, but to ignore his performance over the last few weeks would be silly. He has performed poorly for some time. Be it confidence, mechanics, or what have you, it is not unfair to discuss performance issues.

He needs to get back on track. A excellent Brady Tygart makes this team a whole lot better

1 Like

True, and I am not disregarding aanything about his recent performance. But to ignore the facts of the situation would not be fair, either.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing yesterday and last night after the game. It might actually take a little pressure off of him

2 Likes

That’s my thinking too.

1 Like

He has not been the same for 4-5 outings.

2 Likes

He might just need a lower stress outing to find his release point.

3 Likes

Immediately after last night’s game, I was thinking he might start tonight against Ole Miss.

1 Like

Why would you not start Connor Noland?

1 Like

Obviously, you would. But, predicting how well Noland (or DeLucia) will throw on short rest is a guess, so you certainly are thinking about other options.

That’s true. Noland lost some control for a stretch. Thank goodness he got it back.

2 Likes

But, he also hit one of the two batters with a wild pitch 94mph fast ball. He seems to be very high strung with the way he jiggles his glove just before he starts his wind-up. I think he has always done that, so being high strung is not the sole cause of his control issue. I bet he gets it all worked out by next year…jiggle or no jiggle…high strung, or not.

1 Like

Most pitchers do something similar. Connor twirled the ball to get comfy with where seams are and that was outside the glove. It worked for him.

Matt Hobbs has a full season of watching and evaluating Brady. He will work his magic in the off-season and you will see a different Brady Tygart next year.