Twist

Would someone please explain the “twist” technique? I initially thought coach was referring to the spin move, but that can’t be it. :flushed: :man_shrugging:

image And you need to shout when you do it

6 Likes

Thanks, I never considered they were referring to stunts. I don’t understand why that gave us so much trouble. You would expect this when the OL is considerably bigger than the DL.

I was thinking more along the lines of this. It could be a hoot watching DL make these moves. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Loved me some Chubby Checker back in the day!

2 Likes

1 Like

Too bad practice is closed to public, I would have liked to see the tape of practicing to the Chubby Checker moves. Maybe the younger generation of players did not grasp the subtle moves involved in this techique.

3 Likes

Somehow they got Chubby to perform at a medical conference I attended about 20 years ago in NYC (I’m thinking there were lots of drug company dollars involved). It was a lot of fun, and somewhat of an honor, to try to do the Twist in front of the originator.

2 Likes

I always thought the Twist was “last summer.”

1 Like

Quickness and speed are the spice that makes the twist tough. Drew Sanders and Jordan Dominick have used the same twist stunts effectively. The called QB runs (sweeps) can be effective. KJ burned their twist a few times. Not often though.

1 Like