Tweets from Brandon Martin

I could be reading this wrong, but looks like he’s gotten his academics in order and might be back on the squad in August? Showing some attitude too, which could be a good thing.

https://twitter.com/b_5_live_5/status/1008938636581187584

Not trying to be a jack ass, but if his tweets are an indication of his academics, I see the problem.

I hope you are right, we really could use him, especially if he could put it all together.

For a guy not trying to be a jackass you are doing a fairly good job IMO.

No need to ridicule and point out the grammatical/spelling issues. Some of these kids come from rough backgrounds ( Brandon did) and are often times are at a disadvantage as compared to those of us born on second or third base. Sometimes there are also learning issues ( dyslexia, etc.)

I hope he succeeds.

Well I really don’t know how to take it when a player isn’t eligible because of academics and then gets his grades right in order to play! And then gets on twitter and does this! Maybe he should realize it’s him that forget about his requirements to play not the fans, staff, coaches or anyone else!
I hope he is able to play but there’s never a guarantee! No matter what happens with these kids I hope they all get a degree. Their sucess on the football field isn’t the most important thing that will impact their life! A small number of players make it to the NFL!

Plus, it’s Twitter and he’s writing that on his phone. Hardly the venue for the grammar patrol.

If it’s academics, he must have taken the classes online, summer school for the first session has another week.

:roll:

I hope he succeeds as well.

But I’m fairly sure you don’t know me either, yes some do start out in better positions, but pointing out 5th grade or lower level mistakes isnt anything too harsh for a 21 year old. Especially one who is in college. I came from a dirt poor family, I also didn’t make excuses. This guy is in college, has academic problems, and I was just pointing out it’s fairly clear he’s struggling with some basics by his lack of proper word usage in a sentence.

If that makes me a jack ass, so be it, I’m glad I had jack asses in my life.

Well… the jack asses in your life seem to have made a lasting impression. By the way, what good comes from you - some dude on a message board - pointing out it’s clear he is struggling? What did you accomplish by doing so? Did your comment help Brandon?

Well aside from his twitter grammar which doesn’t look or sound much different from other youngsters tweets.
The attitude & tone of his tweets pretty much says it all. Just maybe he was forgotten for some other reasons along with the academics issue.

What good comes from your comments? They are usually pretty horrible takes.

Me, maybe I’m not as sensitive as you, that’s fair. I would’ve given anything to be in his shoes at 21. I didn’t get the opportunity to go to college, scholarships weren’t as readily available back then as they are now. I began working at 13, and outside of high school I made sure to educate myself, because i always wanted to go to college. I don’t make excuses for myself, I sure won’t for someone who has the opportunities of a current day student athlete. A lot of the problem in my opinion comes from these excuses, and lack of want to, when it comes to the classroom. A lot of the top athletes are pampered and think they are going to make millions in the NFL and the classroom is a waste of time. It’s sad to me, that they have such a wonderful opportunity and so many fail to take advantage of it.

So what good would my post do if Brandon were to see it? Maybe it would be a wake up call, yours however would probably just further the problem. It’s all about mentality, your view point feeds to the mentality of, ‘Oh poor me’. Brandon is a extremely talented kid, I’ve seen videos of him singing, playing the piano, and his extreme athletic abilities. There’s a lot of talent in him, and I just want them to reach their full potential.

I read some jack ass comments on this thread, but they certainly weren’t from you, Bigpop. The holier than thou attitude from some of the ‘regulars’ on this board is comical & reminds me why I lurk & don’t comment much…and certainly don’t lurk as much as I have in the past. If this message board was actually all of the members standing in a room or bellied up to a bar rather than hiding behind a keyboard, I feel certain some of the hotshot down talkers would think twice before opening their mouths face to face.

So where is this tweet that has worked everybody up and what exactly did he say?

I read some jack ass comments on this thread, but they certainly weren’t from you, Bigpop. The holier than thou attitude from some of the ‘regulars’ on this board is comical & reminds me why I lurk & don’t comment much…and certainly don’t lurk as much as I have in the past. If this message board was actually all of the members standing in a room or bellied up to a bar rather than hiding behind a keyboard, I feel certain some of the hotshot down talkers would think twice before opening their mouths face to face.

[/quote]

Amen…

I hope the young man comes back and has a great year for the Hogs and himself!GHG!

I read everyone’s posts here and few are grammatically correct. I roll on past it for those here and for players. Thumbs are spelling some of these words. My thumbs don’t spell too well.

All of us have our trouble with grammar and spelling. We would all do well to re-read what we have written before we hit the word “submit.” I’ll try to take my own advice.

Being accurate doesn’t always mean being right.

That’s true. But accuracy and being right are not enemies of each other.

It is not as bad as you think because this is the way many of today’s youth speak and especially higher percentage of minorities. The urban culture of today is to talk with bad pronunciation, grammar but many of them know when to turn on the correct mannner.