Tuesday tidbits

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/dec/12/tue/

Any updates on the G Bohannon visit?

Who are our early enrollee candidates out of the early signing period guys?

How many will we sign this year, have the numbers changed with the staff changes?

[quote=“RICEPIG1”]
How many will we sign this year, have the numbers changed with the staff changes?[/quote:16cwrh7m]

Even with the old staff I was convinced that the number was going to be much closer to 25 than to 15. With the new staff, I think it will be close to 25. Just my opinion.

[quote=“thewerners4”]
Any updates on the G Bohannon visit?[/quote:2pjj9haw]

Heard things went very well and Arkansas is in very good shape.

[quote=“StillGregHog”]

[quote=“RICEPIG1”]
How many will we sign this year, have the numbers changed with the staff changes?[/quote:339panil]

Even with the old staff I was convinced that the number was going to be much closer to 25 than to 15. With the new staff, I think it will be close to 25. Just my opinion.[/quote:339panil]
I’ve read elsewhere that we had more walkons on scholarship than previously thought and we will be lucky to sign 15. I didn’t know if RD or Dudley had heard the same.

[quote=“StillGregHog”]

[quote=“RICEPIG1”]
How many will we sign this year, have the numbers changed with the staff changes?[/quote:23sp4j4p]

Even with the old staff I was convinced that the number was going to be much closer to 25 than to 15. With the new staff, I think it will be close to 25. Just my opinion.[/quote:23sp4j4p]

Here are Coach Morris’ own words on that from last Thursday:

“I don’t know where you are at, if you are at 18 or 20,” Morris said. “I know it is not going to be a full 25. I do know that unless something happens.”

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]

[quote=“StillGregHog”]

[quote=“RICEPIG1”]
How many will we sign this year, have the numbers changed with the staff changes?[/quote:qxix2c9q]

Even with the old staff I was convinced that the number was going to be much closer to 25 than to 15. With the new staff, I think it will be close to 25. Just my opinion.[/quote:qxix2c9q]

Here are Coach Morris’ own words on that from last Thursday:

“I don’t know where you are at, if you are at 18 or 20,” Morris said. “I know it is not going to be a full 25. I do know that unless something happens.”[/quote:qxix2c9q]

Well, OK, from the horses mouth.

The reasons I thought it would be closer to 25 is (1) year after year we hear it will be much lower than 25 and some how, some way, it ends up being 23, 24 or 25. (2) With the change in coaching staff I figured more guys than usual would leave on their own (3) The new coaching staff has got to want to bring in the most of their “own guys” as possible. I figured some guys who didn’t want to leave on their own might be given their walking papers.

But, guess I was wrong. “Unless something happens” that is.