Treylon Burks mundane RAS score gonna push him down

that is his Relative Athletic Score which is measurables, teams do screen with it and I was thinking that he was gonna hammer it.

• DT Jordan Davis, Georgia – 10
• DE Travon Walker, Georgia – 9.99
• OT Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa – 9.96
• RB Breece Hall, Iowa State – 9.95
• DE Boye Mafe, Minnesota – 9.9
• DE Jermaine Johnson, Florida State – 9.87
• DE Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan – 9.85
• DT Logan Hall, Houston – 9.83
• OT Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan – 9.82
• FS Lewis Cine, Georgia – 9.78
• DE Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon – 9.66
• DT Travis Jones, Connecticut – 9.65
• DT Devonte Wyatt, Georgia – 9.59
• OG Zion Johnson, Boston College – 9.56
• LB Devin Lloyd, Utah – 9.33
• QB Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh – 9.24
• DE David Ojabo, Michigan – 9.18
• S Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame – 9.02

The thing that immediately pops out is that no wide receivers are on the list, which, if this trend were to break, that would be the position to do it. Most of the great players at this position had lower RAS scores. Chris Olave (7.99), Garrett Wilson (7.64), Treylon Burks (6.32) and Jahan Dotson (5.94) all have lower scores. North Dakota State’s Christian Watson, who could be a top-50 player, scored 9.98.

Most of the guys who scored lower on this list, like Olave, Wilson and Dotson, fell short due to size. Burks, however, ran a little slow (4.55 40-yard dash), though he came in faster than Michael Thomas (4.57).

I trust these findings. Burks will never be a wide receiver in the NFL. Nope. Absolutely not. No one should draft him…

Except my NY Giants. But, no one else should.:grin:

tape don’t lie, but some hard head GM’s and personnel scouts gonna down the kid who will eventually be a star for whomever is lucky enough to get him. I am afraid that my Saints will be one of those despite their desperate need for WR. Saints are pressed to draft less than a 9 overall RAS, only took Ian Book with a 7.37 last year as an exception. Titans also use RAS a lot. I love Treylon and wish him the millions he will not get first contract to be compounded by a gig for his second.

I think his 40 time is misleading. I think he would run close to the same time in full pads. I think a lot of these faster guys would slow down drastically in full pads.

1 Like

He dominated in the dominant college conference. That is certainly relevant and will translate to success at the next level. Whether or not that makes him worth a first round pick or not is not relevant. His skills are. He certainly could have a very lucrative NFL career.

Scouts need to watch Burke’s tape against Bama one more time maybe. Then rest of tape against SEC competition a few more times.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.