84 solo
27 assists
14 TFL
1 sack
2 pass breakups
5 INT, 3 returned for TDs
1 forced fumble

#arpreps

Warren has pretty good talent throughout their starters but their lack of depth hurt them in the second half. They just wore down late. Treylon Burks was like a man playing boys and made it look easy several times for easy scores. He also played hurt late and would not quit. Looks like Warren will contend for the title again next year. Chris Gragg was on their sidelines and stated to a TV reporter that Burks was the best to ever come out of Warren. Burks will be a huge “target” for CCM next year.

Those are Jerry Eckwood type numbers

I remember when he came to play at DeWitt when I was a sophomore in high school

He literally scored a touchdown every way imaginable

Man among boys was an understatement

I still believe he was the greatest high school player ever in Arkansas

[quote=“docestes”]
I remember when he came to play at DeWitt when I was a sophomore in high school[/quote:34fipram]

Nice to meet a fellow Dragon on here…

[quote=“docestes”]

I still believe he was the greatest high school player ever in Arkansas[/quote:3bzu3o8i]

Any talk of “greatest ever” must include with Eckwood and Shabazz.

If Burks is anywhere near their level, it bodes well for the UofA if we can sign him.

[quote=“ClarenceTrice”]

[quote=“docestes”]

I still believe he was the greatest high school player ever in Arkansas[/quote:181edp6e]

Any talk of “greatest ever” must include with Eckwood and Shabazz.

If Burks is anywhere near their level, it bodes well for the UofA if we can sign him.[/quote:181edp6e]

I dont remember Exkwood but i do know that Shabazz was a man amongst boys…

I am from Warren and remain close to Chris, Jarius, and many people close to the Warren football program. Everybody that I have talked to is in agreement that Treylon is the best to ever come through that program. And yes, that has come from the mouth of Chris and Jarius. Treylon is just a football player, plain and simple. Reminds me of the scene in Friday Night Lights where Boobie Miles’ uncle is talking to all of the college coaches and makes a comment and remarks how Boobie could do everything on the football field and still “fill up the water coolers for ya too.” Lord, I am not putting the Boobie Miles curse on Treylon. Let that be known. :D

I can’t say that he’s the best to ever play in the state. But I can say there are smart football people around the program who say he’s the best to ever come through Warren’s storied program. And there have been some hosses to come through that program, many of which never played in college for off the field reasons. Treylon will have his choice of any school in the country, and I truly hope he chooses to run through the A in Fayetteville.

[quote=“Grtpignthesky”]

[quote=“docestes”]
I remember when he came to play at DeWitt when I was a sophomore in high school[/quote:38wt76qy]

Nice to meet a fellow Dragon on here…[/quote:38wt76qy]

So do I know you?
What year did you graduate HS?

Graduated in 2000 so that’s obviously later than the Eckwood years. You’re probably closer in age to my brother (Rick Allen) though.

[quote=“Hogman85”]
I am from Warren and remain close to Chris, Jarius, and many people close to the Warren football program. Everybody that I have talked to is in agreement that Treylon is the best to ever come through that program. And yes, that has come from the mouth of Chris and Jarius. Treylon is just a football player, plain and simple. Reminds me of the scene in Friday Night Lights where Boobie Miles’ uncle is talking to all of the college coaches and makes a comment and remarks how Boobie could do everything on the football field and still “fill up the water coolers for ya too.” Lord, I am not putting the Boobie Miles curse on Treylon. Let that be known. :D

I can’t say that he’s the best to ever play in the state. But I can say there are smart football people around the program who say he’s the best to ever come through Warren’s storied program. And there have been some hosses to come through that program, many of which never played in college for off the field reasons. Treylon will have his choice of any school in the country, and I truly hope he chooses to run through the A in Fayetteville.[/quote:2n7mxdsj]

Treylon is fast but he is not Eckwood fast. He is quick but he is not Shabazz quick. He is a very large young man with amazing, for his size, speed and athletic ability. Looks like another Terrence Owens to me. Julio Jones is 6-3 and runs a 4.39/40 allegedly. I don’t know that he is as fast as Julio, yet, but who knows what the future will bring.

[quote=“Grtpignthesky”]
Graduated in 2000 so that’s obviously later than the Eckwood years. You’re probably closer in age to my brother (Rick Allen) though.[/quote:1khz17qk]

Probably more like closer in age to your FATHER.
I have children your age!

DHS class of 1977

[quote=“docestes”]

DHS class of 1977[/quote:8hh0bpof]

My brother graduated in ‘82 or ‘83, I was a late in life surprise for my parents lol. Believe my Dad graduated in 1960. He played for the late, great Sam Cook back in the day.

[quote=“Grtpignthesky”]

[quote=“docestes”]

DHS class of 1977[/quote:k5zkztm9]

My brother graduated in ‘82 or ‘83, I was a late in life surprise for my parents lol. Believe my Dad graduated in 1960. He played for the late, great Sam Cook back in the day.[/quote:k5zkztm9]

Did your family live south of town on Highway165 (used to be Arkansas 1), out by Camp Doughboy?
My Dad played for Sam Cook
And Coach Cook was my Civics teacher in Middle School.
I played for Bobby Ashcraft, who was Clay’s father-in-law

[quote=“docestes”]

Did your family live south of town on Highway165 (used to be Arkansas 1), out by Camp Doughboy?
My Dad played for Sam Cook
And Coach Cook was my Civics teacher in Middle School.
I played for Bobby Ashcraft, who was Clay’s father-in-law[/quote:20ymepil]

My grandma lived in the house directly across from
Doughboy - and my Dad and his brothers used the shop there as their farm base (my Dad works on outboard motors there now since he retired from farming). We lived (and parents still do) right off 165 on Airport Rd. Going back for Christmas and again in January for some duck hunting. Haven’t lived there for a long time, but it will always be home.

I have never seen a football player dominate a game like Burks did Saturday.

He excelled as a wildcat back, was an excellent wideout with size,speed,strength and great hands, showed great strength,speed, and a high football IQ as a defensive player. He.was a man among boys. He punts, returns punts and kickoffs, and played on kickoff coverage. He dominated offense, defense, and special teams. I have never seen such versatility.

This young man will start as a freshman wherever he goes to college and be first round NFL draft pick after his junior year. I sure hope that he is a Razorback. We really need him.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]
from Jeremy Muck of the ADG.

Passing: 7-20, 135 yards
Rushing: 114-936-27 TDs
Rec-45-1090-11 TDs
KO Ret-1 TD
Punt ret- 3 TDs

Defense
84 solo
27 assists
14 TFL
1 sack
2 pass breakups
5 INT, 3 returned for TDs
1 forced fumble

#arpreps[/quote:2xgd8tm0]

Mercy.

[quote=“Ricemab54”]
I have never seen a football player dominate a game like Burks did Saturday.

He excelled as a wildcat back, was an excellent wideout with size,speed,strength and great hands, showed great strength,speed, and a high football IQ as a defensive player. He.was a man among boys. He punts, returns punts and kickoffs, and played on kickoff coverage. He dominated offense, defense, and special teams. I have never seen such versatility.

This young man will start as a freshman wherever he goes to college and be first round NFL draft pick after his junior year. I sure hope that he is a Razorback. We really need him.[/quote:hrr7llbg]
A few things he didn’t do Saturday. He couldn’t tackle a tight end on an 81-yard touchdown pass that ended up winning the game. Second he couldn’t get in the end zone the last time he touched the ball. And third he also fumbled the next to last time he touched the ball which the official erroneously called the ball was down. But it was one heck of a performance. Warren just didn’t have enough around him and too many people had to play both offense and defense

Oh yeah, he also didn’t stop that kid from running out on the field and getting a 15-yard penalty

I’m not sure what Treylon runs the 40 in, and I’m sure his 40 time will improve with college strength and conditioning coaches, etc. I did see Treylon come from out of the picture after his teammmate fumbled the football and chase down an Arkadelphia defender. Now that Arkadelphia defender didn’t have SEC speed, but that play still showed me he is plenty fast. Also, shows a lot of effort. You can learn a lot about a player’s heart and mental make up as well as physical attributes on plays like that.

[quote=“Hogman85”]
I’m not sure what Treylon runs the 40 in, and I’m sure his 40 time will improve with college strength and conditioning coaches, etc. I did see Treylon come from out of the picture after his teammmate fumbled the football and chase down an Arkadelphia defender. Now that Arkadelphia defender didn’t have SEC speed, but that play still showed me he is plenty fast. Also, shows a lot of effort. You can learn a lot about a player’s heart and mental make up as well as physical attributes on plays like that.[/quote:1xp3s5bz]

He ran a 4.6 in the 10th grade.

The number of hits he’s taken over the course of the season I would guess make him a bit slower now than in September. They were using him on short yardage and goal line every time I saw highlights for Warren, so he was taking a lot more contact than you would expect to be the norm for him in a college offense.