Trey Flowers recruiting tidbits

You read where fans say secret recruits never pan out. I guess you can say Trey Flowers might just be Arkansas’ most famous secret recruit.

I know Trey and his father visited the last weekend before the 2011 signing day. I can’t recall if his mother came or not I just remember him and his dad. He was committed to Ga. Tech and Paul Johnson had a no visit policy once a kid committed so I along with another recruiting writer was told to keep the visit quiet.

When Trey and his father arrived in Fayetteville and a source said it was ok to report them being there so both of us reported the visit. About five minutes later we were told Trey’s father didn’t want it reported they were there so we both deleted the info of the visit.

That Sunday Trey committed to be a Hog.

Did you see his mouthpiece last night? The Razorback was front and center

That I did. Good pub for the Hogs.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]
You read where fans say secret recruits never pan out. I guess you can say Trey Flowers might just be Arkansas’ most famous secret recruit.

I know Trey and his father visited the last weekend before the 2011 signing day. I can’t recall if his mother came or not I just remember him and his dad. He was committed to Ga. Tech and Paul Johnson had a no visit policy once a kid committed so I along with another recruiting writer was told to keep the visit quiet.

When Trey and his father arrived in Fayetteville and a source said it was ok to report them being there so both of us reported the visit. About five minutes later we were told Trey’s father didn’t want it reported they were there so we both deleted the info of the visit.

That Sunday Trey committed to be a Hog.
[/quote]So how did he get out of Bama and the great Nick Saban miss on him ? Kind of just proves what a spin of the wheel recruiting is, unless Arkansas developed him that much, and I am sure him and his attitude was the main reason he developed, so no disrespect to him. Gives us hope on taking less than 5 star players.
What a great player and person for the U of A.