Trey Flowers is a beast

Man that kid is tearing it up today. Causing havoc and is every where

Trey is a beast. Only knows one way, wreak havoc.

Steve Caldwell !!!

Trey was an under-recruited THREE STAR that got no interest from his home state’s flagship institutions . . . Alabama and Auburn.

His offers - other than Arkansas - were UAB, S. Alabama, Air Force, Arkansas State, and Georgia Tech (where he was committed to, and we flipped him from).

I’m NOT saying we should “forgo” recruiting 4 and 5 stars and focus on the 3’s. I’m just reminding everybody that talent evaluation trumps stars EVERY day of the week.

By which I mean - and we all should KNOW this by now - that many 4 and 5 stars are really way over-rated with regard to their production in college. And, several 2 and 3 stars are very under-rated in the same way. When you have veteran coaches like Chavis and Caldwell, I trust that when they make going after a prospect a priority, that THEY view whoever that prospect is as a “4-5 star”, regardless of what the various recruiting publications have him rated.

By the way - to further bolster this topic - Trey’s Patriot bookend DE (Deatrich Wise) was also a 3 star; his other offers were from Arkansas State, Vandy and Wake Forest.