Top 25 junior getting good vibes

Would he be the highest rated player the Hogs have ever signed?

Mitch Mustain was Parade magazine player of the year so I’d say no. Rivals had him as the #10 prospect, 247 as #9. Batman Carroll was #14 per 247.

The whole thing with Gus and the Springdale 5 was a huge mess, but HDN would have been crucified if he’d let Mustain get away. Of course he ended up getting crucified anyway

Long before the days of recruiting rankings, Bruce Fullerton of Little Rock Central was The Sporting News national high school player of the year in 1957. He quit playing football after his sophomore year with the Razorbacks.

Bruce was the best high school running back I ever saw. I wondered
when it was announced he had dropped football to concentate on law school but Lance Alworth
had taken the tailback slot so I always wondered. Did he become a lawyer eventually?

FB said once that those two were the two best freshmen he ever had on the same team

According to his obituary, he graduated with a degree in accounting. He was a decorated fighter pilot in Vietnam.

Wow! Thanks Matt, I will save that obit, I had no idea. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. He would be a great addition to the class though!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

It appears Gentry will cut his list tomorrow at 6 pm.

Narrows list to OU, Okla. State, Nebraska, Arkansas, USC, Michigan, Georgia, Florida, Missouri and LSU.

Where do you think we stand?

I think they’ll be in til the end. He and Carter talk a lot.

OU will be tough.