Toney

Not that is matters, but I took another look at the last few seconds of the LSU game and Toney was running about 3/4+speed down the court with NO noticeable limp. How did he wind up injured?

He had turned his ankle earlier in the game. After the game is when the swelling hits! He needs to rest that ankle and get it well.

2 Likes

Army is right, but you make a good point. Its clearly not a severe sprain…or he wouldn’t have even contemplated playing yesterday. Hopefully he’s good to go for a glorious postseason run.

Tourney time is one and done! The hogs need to be healthy and rested for the dance.

1 Like

I remember seeing him limping toward the end of the game and wondering what was up

2 Likes

I saw that too i was curious

1 Like

Hopefully with a week of treatment he’ll be good to go Friday. If not, get him ready for the Dance.

2 Likes

He was limping slightly…I went back and watched. But like any athlete when the action came his way he pushed through. Muss said it happened with about 3 minutes left in one of his pressers if recall.

He is SUPER IMPORTANT to this team. Let’s all send healing thoughts, prayers and vibes his way!
get better AT.

2 Likes

Eric Musselman on his TV show tonight:

“We won’t have Au’Diese, for sure, at practice. We just have to hope there’s a possibility that he could maybe play sometime in the SEC Tournament.”

Dang. Not the news I was hoping for. It impacts continuity towards the NCAA as much as the SEC Tourney.

1 Like

Any word out today… Just jumped on board here.

Won’t be at practice today. Hoping he is able to play in the SEC tourney

If it’s even questionable, hope he doesn’t play in the SECT. Would be nice to win a couple of games there, but we really need him for the big one next week. So for me worth the trade-off of sacrificing the SECT in favor of the NCAAs.

1 Like

Agree. If he’s not 100%, don’t play him in the SEC Tourney. If the Drs say there’s even a 1% chance of re-injury, don’t play him.

1 Like

With 5 days to get ready, Muss will have a good game plan, if Toney can’t play

I don’t know if Eric will provide anything concrete because it’s probably tough to know several days out from the game, but we are scheduled to talk to him early afternoon on Tuesday. Could be an update of some kind.

I’ll trust the judgement of the Dr’s, Trainers and Coaches on this. If and when he plays it’s with the assurance he is healthy enough to do so without risk. All know the stakes here.

Tony is the hidden link to make this team very, very good.

1 Like

I was all-district in HS football and started for a conference champion basketball team in Arkansas 58 years ago. Those sports have advanced so much they hardly resemble each other today. But, apparently turned ankles have evolved also. I, and 2-3 teammates, turned our ankles in both sports fairly often…got to the point the coach would tape our ankles before games…that solved the problem. Do they still do that? Anyway before taping, when we did turn an ankle, swelling was huge, we would ice it down immediately and 2 days later no problem. I guess the players’ size, speed, and hard cutting these days have something to do with the severity of the ankle turns (?)

There’s pictures on twitter of him at practice yesterday and he was wearing a boot.

Not good for the home team.

1 Like