Today's Game

I am really looking forward to todays game. I understand it will probably be a slug fest and a difficult game. I am interested to see if this team is really ready to continue to be Feb. Hogs or was Tue just one of those games than happens? I want to get excited about this team, but am keeping the brakes on just a little.

I really do like the players as people. They seem to be good young men. Makes it easier to pull for them. I guess I got to feeling a little closer to them in HI. That happens in a setting like that, and the effort Tue was more like what I saw in HI.

5 Likes

Same here. I am trying to not get too excited over one game but shooting so well against a good not great Kentucky team in that environment is a huge step up if we can maintain that momentum. We should shoot good at home with our crowd firing us up so I am expecting this streak to continue. The proof in the pudding will be at Tenn and Bama. Even if we don’t win, a Baylor like strong game contending until the end with the current team would satisfy me. If Smith can give us 15+ minutes of good ball handling, good outside shooting, and good driving for dishes, fouls, and baskets at the rim, we might just take off like a rocket in the latter half of the season.

1 Like

Don’t discount A&M. They concern me more than Tennessee does.

2 Likes

Agree, Aggies would be my pick to win if they played TN on a true neutral site. I’m hoping we don’t slip up in tonight’s game, that outcome would completely eliminate what they gained in Lexington.

I have a good feeling about tonite.

1 Like

So, do I, sorta. Both teams have been playing better of late. MSU’s recent win at USCe was impressive. I’m looking forward to seeing how Nick fares, as well as the team - with Nick on the court. I’m expecting a tough game, but a W.

1 Like

Guess MSU answered that question for me. Not ready for Prime time.

Home court, crowd, laid an egg. Taking a step backwards at a bad time. They will have a chance to recover, but not many, and the hill gets steeper. That hole they dug just got a bunch deeper.

Y’all kill me. We got a major piece back, but he’s still a little rusty.
One step back, but possibly a huge step forward.
Don’t give up on this team!

1 Like

Not giving up, just know the wins become much more important and the competition is ratcheting up. Our remaining road games are formidable.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.