Today is a dress rehearsal

The team just began scrimmaging. The players today are in full uniform, not practice jerseys as they typically are.

1 Like

Wicklander struggled a little today. His final line:

3.2 IP, 5R (4ER), 3H, 3BB, 4K

wow,hopefully he can get it together when it counts,

Here are the hitting stats from the team of projected starters today:

Webb 0-3, 2BB

Franklin 1-3, BB, RBI

Kjerstad 0-4, 2RBI

Goodheart 2-4

Martin 0-2, 2BB

Opitz 1-3, 2RBI, BB

Austin 0-3, BB

Nesbit 1-3, 2RBI, BB

Moore 0-2, 2BB

Doubles: Franklin, Nesbit, Goodheart
Home Run: Opitz

Zack Gregory, Dominic Tamez and Cason Tollett also hit home runs today for the reserve team.

Most of Wicklander’s trouble came with two outs. He gave up a two-out RBI double to Franklin in the third inning that scored Nesbit, who walked to lead off the inning.

In the fourth, Wicklander allowed a single to Goodheart and walked Martin to lead off the inning, then got a ground out from Opitz and struck out Austin. Nesbit followed with a two-run double and Moore walked as the final batter Wicklander faced.

I thought Kevin Kopps pitched well today in the start opposite of Wicklander. Kopps allowed a run (the Tamez HR) on four hits. He struck out three batters and walked one.

I noted the team wore game jerseys, but a few did not. Those were Cullen Smith, Trey Harris, Miller Pleimann and Corey Spain. Smith and Pleimann are confirmed redshirts because of transfers, and the others are expected to redshirt.

Gregory and Tamez have had a heck of a camp, they both have two or three home runs…

He has to eliminate those walks, that’s what got him in trouble last year, especially against a great hitting lineup like we have and others in the SEC will have.

Good warm up! Getting ready for a live game. I think when the light comes on our hogs will be fine.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.