To Media who selected top Hogs in last 25 years:

Great job! I found no major disagreements.

I was a little surprised by the coach choice. I voted for Petrino, but Nutt had two more votes on the ballots.

Other than that, my ballot didn’t look a lot different than what was published. This was my first team:

QB - Ryan Mallett
RB - Darren McFadden, Alex Collins
FB - Peyton Hillis
WR - Anthony Lucas, Jarius Wright
TE - Hunter Henry
OT - Shawn Andrews, Tony Ugoh
OG - Brandon Burlsworth, Mitch Petrus
C - Jonathan Luigs
DE - Steven Conley, Henry Ford
DT - Darius Philon, Melvin Bradley
LB - Jermaine Petty, Sam Olajubutu, Quinton Caver
CB - Chris Houston, David Barrett
S - Ken Hamlin, Kenoy Kennedy
AP - Felix Jones
PK - Zach Hocker
P - Pete Raether
Coach - Bobby Petrino

I wasn’t part of the selection of the team. I have no issues with anyone on the first team. But, I would have probably put Steve Conley at one of the end spots and Tony Bua at one of the outside linebacker spot. I wouldn’t have listed Tony at safety. His best position was outside linebacker. Hard to pick between Matt Jones and Clint Stoerner. Both were outstanding quarterbacks. Of course, Ryan Mallett was good, too. Depends on what you like from your quarterback I guess.

Are they required to have completed eligibility for consideration? Otherwise I would assume Ragnow > Luigs

Coach Petrino obviously had two great years of his four year.

But - despite the way it ended - Coach Nutt had the best body of work.

Jonathon Luigs won the Remmington Award in 2007. Ragnow could do the same in 2017, but until that happens Luigs has the credentials for first team.

Loved Luigs but think Ragnow is better IMO, regardless of award

Luigs was a three-time All-SEC, consensus All-American and won the award for the best player at his position. Ragnow has been good but he doesn’t have those kind of credentials. He was third on my list behind Luigs and Swanson.