Those gold helmets

For ND are hurting my eyes. About as bad as Bama is hurting them.

Bama is doing a number on them, but this may well be the best all-around Bama team in years. Notre Dame is better too, but I’m not sure that anyone is quite on the same level as Bama this year.

Just be thankful they don’t have a field that color in South Bend.

There are actual gold flakes in the paint. They used to spray paint them before each game but stopped that several years ago.

I used to like Notre Dame’s gold helmets, but the ones they wear now are just too gaudy. It is overkill.

Back in the 60’s the Baylor Bears had sweet gold helmets with those kelly green jerseys…a great look. Now, Baylor doesn’t look so good. Ugly, in fact.

I agree. The old ND helmets were a classic. A rare bonnet that did not need stripes or a logo or numeral on the side. Alas, all that glitters is not gold.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed the helmets. My grandpa liked to watch Notre Dame because he liked Lou Holtz, so I watched a lot of games with him in the '80s and '90s. I did not remember the helmets glowing like they do now.

ND’s helmets look radioactive nowadays. That is not what they used to look like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.