Those dual threat quarterbacks are the key

to winning in college football. Even Alabama couldn’t stop Johnny Manziel or Kyler Murray. Both of those guys just wore out Alabama’s defense. You just can’t defend against a guy who can throw that you can’t catch. Little Kyler Murray can’t be more than 5-8 or 5-9 and maybe 175 pounds, but he ran circles around that Bama defense.

Now we can see why Coach Morris is so determined to find a quarterback. He is the key to us getting better really fast.

Suddenly, I am not so worried about John Stephen Jones’ size. Who cares how tall he is if he can play? Nobody should worry about it.

I think Kyler Murray helped Oklahoma with his legs but I don’t think Tua’s running was important. He killed Oklahoma with his uncanny passing ability. I previously said on this site that if Tua was healthy, the game would be a showcase for Tua. I consider that to be what happened. Alabama shot themselves in the foot with penalties and bonehead plays (not typical of Saban’s teams) or the final score would have been more lopsided. I am not a fan of Alabama but I can give credit where credit is due. The freshman QB for Clemson can run the ball but his arm was what really helped Clemson. I don’t think we should get caught up in trying to get running QBs. It helps if they can run but we also have running backs to carry the ball and that is their primary job. Kyler Murray had better play professional baseball. He will eventually get injured badly in professional football.

I think the Tide got caught up in that 1st quarter like I did…I was rolling on the floor :lol:

Absolutely they are. They put so much more pressure on college defenses. Coach Morris knows this all too well and will recruit more of these type of quarterbacks to the hill.

[quote=“Jhawg”]

Those dual threat quarterbacks are the key to winning in college football. Even Alabama couldn’t stop Johnny Manziel or Kyler Murray. Both of those guys just wore out Alabama’s defense. …

[/quote]And that’s why CBB is gone…gosh he was bad for our program.

Can you imagine Matt Jones with spot on passing?

Dual threat QB’s and or a system trying to score 100 is real football. The college game figured that out a decade or so ago.