Thomas Johnston to UAB

https://twitter.com/TDJohnston42/status/823902022428672005

Well that’s odd.

I admire his decision to play with his brother.

Not buying it but good luck to the young man…

Not buying that he wanted to play with his brother?

yes. I don’t believe the young man turned down multiple SEC offers to play at UAB. there has to be more to it.

Those SEC schools would’ve taken him in a second.

Another recruiting writer said he had someone from Arkansas tell him a couple of months ago that he might go to UAB.

I suppose there is a way to verify that other than just what the young man is telling people? Not that it matters I guess. Kids with legitimate offers like that don’t go to UAB. It doesn’t add up. But either way, hope UAB works out for him.

Some value family more than others. I think he’s one of those. I totally get it.

Does he know that they quit playing football a few years ago, or did I not get the notice that they had brought it back?

You’re behind times.

The real question is; How many people outside of Birmingham know or care if they are playing football or not?

[quote=“TheBootstopshere”]

I suppose there is a way to verify that other than just what the young man is telling people? Not that it matters I guess. Kids with legitimate offers like that don’t go to UAB. It doesn’t add up. But either way, hope UAB works out for him.
[/quote]It can be very wrong to assume that one’s own value system works for anyone else. Good luck to the young man, sounds like he is a pretty mature kid.

I’m not going to bash the kid for playing with his brother. That card has been played more than once by schools (recruit the older brother to get the younger one later; anyone remember the Nkemdiches?) In this case, he’d rather play with the bro than take on the SEC or Big Ten. So be it. Good luck to him.

Nobody likes to lose a player, but I wish him well in his choice and hope he relishes the time he has to play with his brother.

How much of this is that he drug out the process to a point that schools had limited slots by now? He kept wanting to play at LB at AU but I don’t think they ever changed from wanting him to play H back. He held out until it was too late it appears?

Who here liked their brother enough to do something like that?

Not I, goodness no.

(Hoping he reads this for a laugh.)

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

a little dramatic, no? :roll:

Maybe the linked article will give you acceptable reasons for Johnston’s commitment to UAB.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017 … ton_t.html