This one is going to hurt for a long time

No evidence so far that we have upgraded at the HC position. I know the man did not inherit a team that can compete in the SEC. He did inherit a team that should have won this game. In fact was well on its way to winning this game but the coach crapped his pants and turned into CBB right before our very eyes. All too familiar script. So how many do we win this year? 2? 3? Can’t see more than three.

most Gutless thing I have ever seen…had no faith in us getting 1 ft when we ave 6 yds a carry and 250 lb QB

It was predictable…you have to admit that.

Every time we got in a 3rd down situation the man panicked. Oh no, we might not pick up the first down this time. Better throw a horizontal pass or try to run to the outside with a WR carrying the ball. Or finally, punt on 4th and inches. Just mind numbing.

nothing predictable about it…talking about having the best offense in the nation and went to crapping his pants on 4 and inches…way to have faith in your team there CCM especially when we were killing them up front.

I told you guys…I told you. And all of you bashed me for it. This coach allowed himself, and his inexperienced OC to LOSE this game for us. Up 27-9 and in control, and you give it away. Pathetic.

I was really pulling and wanting to be a believer, but I was proved right about what I always thought.

Now all of you can stop blaming CBB, and see how we hired the wrong coach.

Oc is in over his head!!

No, I blame Brett too. He was a terrible game manager.

Morris showed me nothing tonight. Worries me.

Eerily similar to LA-Monroe loss in Little Rock.

Despite what a lot of people are saying, I think NOT going for it on 4th and 1 was the correct call. Yes, we probably would have made the first down. But if we hadn’t we would have given Colorado State all kinds of momentum when up to that point they had virtually none. And as it turned out, the result of not going for it on 4th down was that Colorado State was down by more than a touchdown and had the ball on their 2 1/2 yard line. Against a defense that had played pretty darn well up to then. That was the smart thing to do IMHO. The fact that we eventually lost the game does not change that. Trust me, if we had gone for it on 4th and 1 and not made the first down, and despite how well we were running the ball it could have happened, people would be saying how dumb THAT decision was.

Mercy

No it was the stupidest most gutless call I’ve ever seen especially for a guy who says put the hammer down. This was not against an SEC defense this was a pathetic 600 yard average game defense who we had been running over all night long and you got a 250-pound running back for quarterback and you can’t get 6 in what kind of message does that send to your team it was freaking ridiculous

No it was the stupidest most gutless call I’ve ever seen especially for a guy who says put the hammer down. This was not against an SEC defense this was a pathetic 600 yard average game defense who we had been running over all night long and you got a 250-pound running back for quarterback and you can’t get 6 in what kind of message does that send to your team it was freaking ridiculous

I still think most any coach in America (except for a certain high school coach in Little Rock who argued that a team should go for it on practically every fourth down) would have considered going for it on 4th and 1 because of how well we were running the ball but then probably would have decided to punt, as that is the conventional wisdom in that situation. And because we pinned them inside their 5 yard line, it was hardly a bad result at that point in time. If you thought AT THE TIME that it was a stupid decision, a gutless decision, etc., to punt , and still would have felt going for it on 4th down was the right thing to do if we had gone for it and had not made the first down, fine. But if you are merely second guessing a decision after the fact (and not just second guessing, calling a coach stupid and gutless), with the benefit of hindsight, which fans do all the time, I don’t know how much credit you deserve. And by the way, if not going for it on 4th and 1 shows no faith in your offense, doesn’t going for it on 4th down show little faith in your defense?

I agree with you that punting was the smart thing to do.

And, by the way, this game was not very painful. After a couple of games, I will forget about this game. However, even after 50 years we all remember losing to LSU in the Cotton Bowl in 1965 and losing to Texas in 1969. Those loses were 100 times worse.

Every loss is painful. This is nowhere near the top of the list.

I’m not giving up on our coach or our players.

I thought he would have gone for it ( hammer down ,etc) but I also see where he could have though the online might not handle the numbers in the box if they went for it given the ball carrier would be starting 6 yards behind the line fo scrimmage. They did not run well when Eastern Ill brought safeties into box the week before and had failed to follow up on making yardage after some good runs in second half before this fourth down. I think at end of day he had more faith in his defense when it came down to it. He has some tough decisions to make because all three areas of team need improvement. Special teams are not special except for one punt return. Receivers did not get separation for much of game. Defense lost discipline in second half, just like last year and I suspect fatigue was part of it but had made stops on third down and gotten some turn overs before then… But there will be more of that in the coming weeks so he has to find some or make some bell cows and it may require new personnel playing into the role on the run. Getting Jackson , Richardson, Dre, and Randy back will help a lot. Not sure what the answer will be on punting and kicking field goals beyond 40 yards. Even if o and d were playing ok, the special teams would be the downfall as it stands now. Gotta coach through it

Where the hell was 23 year BIG Chief? Thats what lost the game, and no kicker, punter, tough receivers to get seperation and fight through contact and last, a QB. Although I was yelling for for it, (going for it )up by 10 and them pinned at the 4 lots went wrong