They said hard to beat a team 3 times, they said

we were the upset of the day, they said can’t win with a banged up Toney…well now!

Looks like getting the 4 seed has worked in our favor.

3 Likes

It didnt really look that hard did it.

3 Likes

Toney looked great. Maybe Muss threw em a smoke screen, or maybe Toney is Wolverine.

3 Likes

When they took Toney’s shoe off it wasn’t his ankle that was hurt. All five of his toes were wrapped in gauze. I wonder if he has turf toe?

1 Like

LSU didn’t seem to have the same energy they had last time we played. Maybe playing yesterday took more toll on them than I thought it would. When you expend that kind of energy like they (and us) to play defense like we both do, it wears you out.

We looked like the fresher team in the 2nd half.

Lets hope with TAM having played an OT game on Thursday and a tough game vs Auburn on Friday that Sat will catch them with dead legs by the second half. I suspect they will come out with their hair on fire in the first half because this is a must win for them to make the NCAA I think. I hope we weather the storm then control it to an easy victory in the 2nd half.

1 Like

Maybe it was the other ankle?

I thought I read it was a bruise on the side of his foot not his ankle. That would explain wrapping the toes and side of his foot.

1 Like

A tough, tough Missou team got to them.

You bring up a good point. Not sure LSU was expecting Toney to play.

1 Like

But the TV showed the trainer doing an ankle wrap when he came out. Maybe his original injury was actually a toe or side of his foot problem?

One thing for sure Toney is finishing at rim with that sore foot!

1 Like

In the post game Muss said it was the 5th metatarsal and that is the bone on the outside of the foot connected to the pinky toe.

Was that in reference to his original injury 2 weeks ago or his seemingly slight injury today? All I know for sure is we got to watch the trainer do an ankle tape on TV. Shortly thereafter, Toney returned to the game. Maybe an ankle taping would further minimize movement of his foot that might bother the 5th metatarsal.

All this would make perfect sense if Muss was referencing Toney’s original injury about 10 days ago.

My bad my wife was watching the replay and I told her to look at the gauze on his toes.

Her reply: come on son! That’s his sock rolled down……my bad y’all :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

What got them today was the awesome job of half time adjustments made by Coach Muss and the players executing the plan. We were on top of our game the 2nd half and they didn’t have a answer. WPS

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.