They brought energy!

Was at the game last night (and the previous night) and the energy brought by Toney and Johnson (during his short stint) was amazing.
The overwhelmingly pro-Hog crowd was truly appreciative.

3 Likes

The older transfers all appear to be able to bring something good to the table. Umude has been a good scorer in spurts, and Lykes is making strides playing as more of a point guard. Wade i still feeling his way just a bit, but he appears to bring some of the same toughness that Toney gives us.

2 Likes

This team plays really hard!! and will get better as the season goes…We just beat a very tough disciplined team in Cincy and shot the ball horribly but we “willed” that win.
Umude will play big dividends once he gets it going,very skilled offensive player who has to get it together on defense but he is very talented IMO.
Lykes is Money from the FT line and you need that late in games and Toney has the heart of Lion and never takes a second off.
This team is really only missing a true PG and we really don’t have one so we will just have to hope JD/Lykes grow into that role.

1 Like

One of the most encouraging things about the game was that our three guards handled the ball well enough against hard half-court man defense from two very quick guards and several others who also played tough D. I don’t know if Notae and Lykes really enjoy having to play a hybrid point guard role, but they are getting better at it. It was also good to see Devo adequately handle the ball some out front.

I sure wish the light would come on for KK to give us that fourth guard.

3 Likes

I have to wonder if KK is fully healthy.

1 Like

According to an interview with Muss within the past two weeks, sorry can’t remember exactly when, KK isn’t healthy and not up too game shape. I would love to see KK battle back and contribute, the team will need him at some point.

3 Likes

He’s only 8 or 9 months out of surgery. I don’t know exactly what type of surgery he had on his foot, but any foot surgery would certainly keep you from strenuous exercise for a long period of time. He’s just got to keep building that leg strength day by day.

3 Likes

Perhaps KK this season = KJ Jefferson last season…… in that he’s a talented player waiting his turn, and will only play significant minutes this season if absolutely necessary. In the meantime, he matures and will be more capable when it’s “his time”, than he would be now.

3 Likes

Absolutely.

Btw, hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

2 Likes