These boys from Troy

Have faced a ridiculously soft schedule. I know they beat Florida State, but that doesn’t mean anything this year. No you can’t overlook anyone, and you better bring it every night. Still, you can color me unimpressed with these paper trojans. Hogs in a blowout.

I would agree with you except I think it is going to be very difficult to not have a let down after last week. That could make it closer than it should be, especially in the first half.

Have you thought about ABs slight confusion as THE leader when Nick comes back on court? I can see him deferring to Nick in critical situations when he just learned the hard way that he is capable , and perhaps expected, of meeting the challenge himself on those situations. It may take a little while for this new chemistry to resolve itself. Hope it doesn’t cost us a game.

Not sure how AB will handle this new dynamic. However, I do not expect him to get his pocket picked 13 times like that poor pg from Southern U- French Quarter did.

I would guess nobody will welcome Nick back more than AB, Fred. AB knows we can’t win the whole enchilada if he remains the leading scorer.

There will definitely be a “feeling out” period as NSJ is worked into the lineup, but he and AB are such high basketball IQ athletes I don’t think it will take long … a couple of games together before their next Power 6 outing (December 10th, Oklahoma) should be adequate. Nick may get some spot minutes tonight depending on what the doc says today, but Saturday against San Jose State should be his first extended playing time, albeit still limited.

Wax

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.