There's no excuse for the flagrants.

But, as usual, Vitale failed to give any context as he is on his soapbox.

Have you ever seen our team do that?

Anyone wonder why they did?

It’s simple. They got sick of the calls, but more specifically, they got sick of being taunted.

The UK 2G was throat slashing. He did it right in front of the 2nd worst ref in America, the one who gave Mo a T 5 mins in for muttering as he walked away.

I don’t condone the behavior but I understand it.

When you get called for 5-6 charges and never get any and then the guy who was too good for you and is primping around and throat slashing while having a “good” game and shooting 40 %, you might just lose it.

I think the block on Barford when Fox initiated contact twice and sent Jaylen (an oak) flying 20 feet, that was it.

All 5 were incredulous.

Then Manny fouled Bam and said “that’s a foul”.

Later the UK 2G got a touch foul and Macon said something about “all game”.

Dusty had taken an elbow to the throat just before the screen which was his 3rd offensive foul–by far a record for him. He’s a master at body positioning and sliding.

Before anyone says it we didn’t lose bc of the refs and I know the FTs and fouls were close.

But if you watch hoops you saw it. The zebras were gonna make an imprint and they did.

Having said that, while I don’t condone the behavior the one biggest issue I have with it is that they didn’t do it to the guy who earned it.

If a guy is throat slashing he should expect to hit the deck.

I am sure I am in the minority on that and that’s Ok.

Good season for the Hogs. I hope we get a good draw.

The Brand and his older brother are punks. Now showing their true colors for all to see. The way they played some business people in NWA was pathetic.

Agreed. The officials let the game get to that point.

I was curious if they reviewed the Barford foul when Fox went thru his face with his elbow. That was a media timeout, so we couldn’t see. But Moses was begging for that call, especially since nearly the same call had gone against him at Florida. I’d be fed up as well if the officials refused to review it.

Moses first T was BS and wholeheartedly agree on Fox who initiates the contact. Barford was in perfect position and the guy just leans into him.

Only thing I’ll disagree with you about was Zimmerman was talking smack before the game, when Monk did his throat slash, I believe he was looking at Coach Z. CMA pointed out to the ref and Malik looked confused as to why Mike was upset. I think it was just a little ribbing back to Z.

The rest I agree with you about.

good post

Throat slashes in football get you 15-yard penalties. Ask TCU. Why in the world didn’t the UK player’s business decision of throat slashing not turn into Chapter T bankruptcy for him?

Only thing I’ll disagree with you about was Zimmerman was talking smack before the game, when Monk did his throat slash, I believe he was looking at Coach Z. CMA pointed out to the ref and Malik looked confused as to why Mike was upset. I think it was just a little ribbing back to Z.

The rest I agree with you about.
[/quote]

Gotta disagree.

Zim was joking with Monk before the game and it got reported as some vicious trash-talking. I’m sitting next to the UK reporter that wrote it and have expressed my feelings to him on the report.

He doesn’t care as it go him some clicks. Not how I do things.

Zim was on the other side of the court when Malik did his first throat slash so it was not at him.

Arkansas kids didn’t see the throat slashes, but there was a ton of talk

Dusty and Moses were wrong just as Malik was. Period. End of story.

I agree.

So does sportshuman

https://twitter.com/sportshuman/status/841017944029179905

Gotta disagree.

Zim was joking with Monk before the game and it got reported as some vicious trash-talking. I’m sitting next to the UK reporter that wrote it and have expressed my feelings to him on the report.

Zim was on the other side of the court when Malik did his first throat slash so it was not at him.

[/quote]

He is still talking smack on Twitter.

Didn’t realize Coach Z was on the other side.

I would rather beat that KY team in this game than go to the Elite 8 in the NCAA’s. I’m tired of the Monk’s and Cal’s cheating ways. I loved the way this team finished the game and next fall it will pay dividends playing KY and others. I just wish that in one of the KY losses our three shooting had been close to our averages.

Gotta disagree.

[/quote]
Thanks Dudley,

Your balanced insight both on this board and on the radio is always on point.

You summed up my thoughts. It was the no-calls against KY that frustrated our boys. I recall early in the game Thompson had perfect position for a rebound and got knocked to the floor and KY gets the ball. I knew then how the game would be called.