The third quarter explosion

The Arkansas women played one of the greatest third quarters of offense that I can recall. Scoring 31 points in that third quarter against UConn was amazing. I will say that Geno was probably stunned at what Mike Neighbors and his team did to his zone in that quarter. They sliced it up with drives and spot-up threes like nothing I’ve seen against a quality opponent. There were a few times I thought, “No, that shot is too quick.” But they fell. It was a lot of fun to watch.

5 Likes

Yes it was. Have you ever seen a player with Chelsea Dungees confidence? That woman was not going to be denied tonight!

13 of 21 from the field, 4 of 5 from deep, got to the line 10 times.

In the third quarter the Hogs hit 12 of 17 shots (and rebounded one of the misses), 6 of 7 from deep – and missed six foul shots. I thought those free throws might come back and bite us in the butt, and they almost did. You don’t normally knock off the #3 team in the country shooting 55% from the line. We shot better from deep than from the foul line.

One more tidbit I picked up from ESPN: UConn hadn’t allowed any opposing player to score 37 points in 20 years, until last night.

The record for points by an opposing player vs. UConn was 38 set in 1997, so Dungee was one point shy of that record.

BlockquoteThe record for points by an opposing player vs. UConn was 38 set in 1997, so Dungee was one point shy of that record.

Guess Geno should have recruited her after all.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.