The RPI -- Hogs fourth

Here is the all-important RPI and the Hogs moved up a spot with two road wins:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/rpi

Going to be a special atmosphere this weekend. Hopefully Campbell can be at his absolute best, he hasn’t been a sharp the last two weekends he needs to be spot on this weekend to get that first victory

Clay the RPI and the polls aren’t close to each other. If the hogs remain in the top 8 of RPI and are between 10 and 20 in the polls what’s there position when it comes to hiring for the super or regional on the post season?
Of course I realize the hogs have 6 series left in the confercne play and 5 of those series are against teams are in the top 20 of the RPI. This Vandy series could go a long way in part to seeing the position for post season play!

RPI is more important than the polls. And, as the season progresses, you’ll see the polls align more closely with the RPI. They kind of blend together at some point.

I’ve posted this several times. I’ll do it again. If Arkansas finishes 15-15 in the SEC, it will probably be a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. If it finishes 16-14 or 17-13, you could see them host. If the Hogs finish 18-12 or better, you will see them become a national top eight seed and be in position to host twice. Mark it down. Everything will take care of itself.

Thanks.
This is what I don’t like about the polls.
NC State is ranked 4th!
RPI - 21. SOS - 136.