The most

Mental team ever. It’s incredible.

It’s hard to believe, this late in the season, that they look so lost on defense. Can they not play defense without fouling??

Trapping man keeps us out of position and reacting to open shooters by lunging at them or using our hands. Mike is a good man but he chooses to use the trapping man with switches that consistently leave bigs on the perimeter and our guards covering bigs in the paint. There was NO reason to use the trapping man against UK, and I think today was almost as bad with the Mizzou inside players strength.

I like the fast paced style but our style has limitations while other fast paced styles use solid defense and rebounding. I just believe that Mike could create a more diverse or targeted utilization of pressing, trapping man and switches. I also believe that Mike is not good at adapting his scheme for the players on the roster. We do not have the players on the roster this year, last year and one of the Portis years to use this system. I would be perfectly happy if Mike would adapt and take us to the next level. I just want Mike to adapt and stay in spite of what some on this board to want to twist.

When our bigs get caught on the perimeter after switches it leaves them out of position for rebounds. Saw that multiple times today with guards trying to box out MO bigs unsuccessfully.

[quote=“RedRedSwine”]

When our bigs get caught on the perimeter after switches it leaves them out of position for rebounds. Saw that multiple times today with guards trying to box out MO bigs unsuccessfully.

[/quote]. I just picture our guards trying to position their post players " thanks Coach ". Am sure our big guys on the perimeter are thinking the same

[quote=“Bballhawg”]

I hate to see us play a style that plays into the hands of the opposing coach and team. Mike keeps using his style and it works on weaker and comparable level teams, but we are at a disadvantage against good teams UNLESS we are shooting good % which alleviates the damage from few if any rebounders under the basket. Yes we are 21-10 but how many of the wins are against good teams if we are NOT shooting well? If we are not shooting well each offensive possession is ONE and DONE.