The latest on Rawleigh

From Tom Murphy: http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017 … hes-docto/

While it was not in the body of the article, the sub-headline on the link stating he underwent “some kind of neurological event” sounds chilling, though I suppose that could be medical speak for everything from a skull fracture to getting a little dizzy from standing up too quick.

As I told my sons when they played, it’s a great game but sometimes your body tells you just can’t play it any more. I hope that is not the case here, but this sure sounds like the tests may have found a deeper concern.

I appreciate the Arkansas Democrat- Gazette, Little Rock keeping us up on this. Praying for Mr. Williams to make the right chose.

PS I will be canceling my subscription to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette tomorrow from this guy in NorthWest Arkansas, Bentonville. Can’t read this PC stuff anymore.

Why don’t we 100% focus on the well-being of RWIII, rather than petty, silly little issues like what a newspaper calls the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. I think most would agree with me, but maybe you don’t. If not, so be it.

In medicine, a stinger,[1] also called a burner or nerve pinch injury, is a neurological injury suffered by athletes, mostly in high-contact sports such as ice hockey, rugby, American football, and wrestling. The spine injury is characterized by a shooting or stinging pain that travels down one arm, followed by numbness and weakness. Many athletes in contact sports have suffered stingers, but they are often unreported to medical professionals.

It seems that the signs point to Rw3 not playing again and that’s completely understandable.

He is one of my favorite players of all time and one of the most underrated Hogs of all time and I selfishly would love to see him playing again and thriving.

But, I doubt doctors are going to rule out potential serious injuries under these circumstances. Doctors are rightly risk averse and I just can’t see them ruling out the things that would have to be ruled out for the family to feel comfortable.

I hope that whatever happens the right decision if made for Rawleigh and he lives a long, happy, prosperous life.

What he did last year after such a crazy injury was one of the best, most under-reported stories of the season.

I guess it would have taken away from a fluff piece about Saban or a big, on-location feature about Michigan’s glorified practices from Rome, Italy the day after 100 on-air employees (many good ones) lost their jobs.

I don’t agree with you so put the in the “other-than-most” category. Being fairly complex creatures, I think we can address both issues over the span of time. I know it’s easy for me anyway.

I agree Hoggle. It wasn’t RAM’s post that took away our 100% focus on the well-being of RWlll, it was the Dem-Gazette’s insistence of continuing their “digs at U of A” in an article such as this one. For the Dem-Gaz to put “their crap” in an article about a potentially very serious health concern for a Razorback player just magnifies their pettiness 10 fold.

God bless Rawleigh and his family as they face these potentially life altering decisions.

+1

Sure, if it’s really just a stinger it’s not a big deal unless a guy is getting them frequently.

My concern is more along the lines of the recent tests indicate that a congenital problem such as a narrow spinal canal needs to be considered by the player, his family and the school, or that testing indicates some change in the previously treated/resolved problem related to the serious injury two years ago.

On the other hand, it may just be doing the right thing for all concerned to let every one discuss the matter with the doctors, to try to give every body the best information available going forward. I would not be real surprised if we find out eventually that it was arranged for RWIII to go for an evaluation by a neuro in the DFW area of the family’s choice.

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

It seems that the signs point to Rw3 not playing again and that’s completely understandable.

He is one of my favorite players of all time and one of the most underrated Hogs of all time and I selfishly would love to see him playing again and thriving.

But, I doubt doctors are going to rule out potential serious injuries under these circumstances. Doctors are rightly risk averse and I just can’t see them ruling out the things that would have to be ruled out for the family to feel comfortable.

I hope that whatever happens the right decision if made for Rawleigh and he lives a long, happy, prosperous life.

What he did last year after such a crazy injury was one of the best, most under-reported stories of the season.

I guess it would have taken away from a fluff piece about Saban or a big, on-location feature about Michigan’s glorified practices from Rome, Italy the day after 100 on-air employees (many good ones) lost their jobs.
[/quote] I’m not reading it the same way. I think the staff & family both wanna do the best thing for the kid, as I would. There’s no hurry in making a decision & the more time that passes since the event, the less emotions play in the decision.

Great kid and a great Razorback. I am very thankful he chose to
be an ARKANSAS RAZORBACK.

One of the best kids who’ve worn the Hog uni

I hope R. Williams is healthy! Forget about football his health is the only issue! Man he has heart and desire to compete after the injury in 2015. Dirty play by Auburn!
He is a Razorback!

The blatant Auburn facemask made it easy to understand why he had the first injury. This one makes you wonder if something might exist that is dangerous.

I’m confident RWIII and his family will make the right choice. They have the full support of all Razorbacks and fans.