The hire is made by Thursday......

Right? Isn’t there a big recruiting weekend this week? If that is the case then we will know in the next 24-72 hours.

Announcement later today, or tomorrow. Hearing two names, and rumor I saw the BOT and big money boosters are actually divided. The new AD hire may have been made with one of the two coaches in mind.

And those two names are??

Look for the rumors and the connections to our new AD and Jerrah

The goal is to have the hire made by the end of the week.

So, you’re saying (or hearing) Morris or Kiffin?

Yes, but as a caveat Norvell and Leach’s names are getting the “still in play”

I’d rather have Kiffin than Leach. Leach is a joke.

I’d rather have neither.

If we can get some type of real assurance Kiffin wants to be here for 10 years, I would go with him. He is about to run out of chances at a job. He knows that. Norvell, Morris, Kiffin or Venables are all good options, in my view. The new AD knows his future is dependent upon this hire. It should be a good one.

I want Morris, Venables or Norvell before either is considered.

It would have been nice to have a guy in place by now so he could have lined up some official visitors that he wants.

Arkansas has already had three pledges de-commit and now has two of its three OL commits looking around in Luke Jones and Noah Banks.

Jones is now taking an official visit to Notre Dame this weekend while Banks has offers flowing in and will now visit Auburn this weekend.

More important to make this hire the right hire, but being held hostage by the Malzahn “decision” and not getting an AD quicker has put Arkansas behind the eight ball.

Exactly…that’s why the Malzahn fiasco was just that…a fiasco. It cost us a week during a critical recruiting time and now we’re paying for it. Stupid…

Highly doubtful they could hire a coach and host kids this weekend. The following weekend you could. The new coach could also bring kids midweek if they wish.

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]
It would have been nice to have a guy in place by now so he could have lined up some official visitors that he wants.

Arkansas has already had three pledges de-commit and now has two of its three OL commits looking around in Luke Jones and Noah Banks.

Jones is now taking an official visit to Notre Dame this weekend while Banks has offers flowing in and will now visit Auburn this weekend.

More important to make this hire the right hire, but being held hostage by the Malzahn “decision” and not getting an AD quicker has put Arkansas behind the eight ball.
[/quote]

I appreciate the quotations marks around decision–essentially calling it the sham/leverage/money grab that it was.

Good Ole Gus squeezed it for all it was worth, even though he knew it was his to have for a long time.

I, again, point to Scott Frost, who handled his situation so much more admirably.

I think the blame should sit squarely on whoever started this process by firing the AD without naming the replacement the next day when you are about to hire a football coach and then not getting a fail-safe ready for football coach as soon as Auburn trounced Georgia. The odds of Gus staying at Auburn shot up as soon as that happened, even if Gus was thinking Arkansas beforehand. Fine, wait for Gus, but properly managed we should have named a head coach on Monday. It should have been pre-decided who the next guy was.

Something needs to happen soon b4 we lose our entire recruiting class!

This shows me that the ego of the big money friends of malzahn are more important than the future of the program.
I am so glad it didn’t work out.

Will try for Oregon job now

Have heard a third person indicating interest is Charlie Strong.

There is someone else…can’t find out who…and unless he is hired we will never know. It must be an out of left field name…

Someone said both Leach and Kiffin are supposed to have interviewed today.