The freshman 15...or 19

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016 … r-remains/”>http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/aug/29/state-hogs-speed-returns-power-remains/</LINK_TEXT>

I went to college in Chicago at a weight of 146 pounds. Nine months later, 165.

Working outside all summer in NWA had something to do with the starting weight. I had not gained much, though, by Christmas. Did my best work the rest of the school year, when I finally figured out how to get enough to eat (and drink) in horrible weather.

I have a few questions about your article.

1. Why would the defensive scheme not put the fastest defensive end on the weak side, attacking the QB’s blind side? Isn’t it easier for the tight end to pick up the smaller defensive end on the other side?

2. How fast is Dre Greenlaw, now that you mention it?

3. The coaches said some things today about changing their approach to preparation, to get the team to game time with more rest or something like that. Do you know what they are talking about?

4. Do you know what Arkansas found when it had people “scout” themselves and develop likely strategies that opponents might use against them this season based on last year’s schemes?

Thanks.

I seriously doubt CBB is going to share what they found when they scouted themselves. Why give that information to the enemy as well. Perhaps the enemy hadn’t figured it out yet so you sure don’t want to tell them.

I disagree with you on this. Tell them the weakness, since you know what it is, and then play opposite of what they expect. Ex: Right side of line is “weak”, let them know, then pass to that side.

We can disagree. I firmly believe in never giving your enemy anything. Don’t get cute and try some reverse psychology. This is the SEC where they slit your throat and drink your blood. (Thanks Coach Kines). Your strategy might work for 1 game (probably 1 quarter) but that’s all.

That’s all it needs to work for. After the first game, attacking your own weak spot, other teams will prepare for it and back off attacking that side, then you can go to CBB ball and attack the strong side. Just keep switching, keep them off balance. It all starts with a little “oops.”